• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new Dual System is up and running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robertm

Well my new Dual system is about to finsih 2 ProteinAs in the next hald hour or so. This system is realy going to put out some points. Once I get water cooling on it look out. :burn:

Anyway here are a couple pics.

Ok I missed up LOL ok next post should have a pic in it :)

*drools*

Nice.
Some detailed specs for those of us that like to listen to computer specs?

Dual MPs I take it?

Looks very nice....

Asus A7M266-D with two MP1800 running stock for now.
512MB of Corsair unbuffered ram. Ati Radeon 8500 64MB DDR Plextor 12/10/32A Burner DVD Drive 60 Gig IBM 7200 HD 60 Model not a 75 :) Enermax 550Watt PS Enermax FS-981XPSS 11 Bay Server Case.

I want to get water cooling installed in march lots of room for a nice setup. Then I hope to get 1.7GHz then. Then I have a SCSI ultra 160 64 bit PCI controller to put and from then I go Raid 0+1 SCSI will come end of yeat maybe depends its to darn costly. Might even change and go IDE Raid. I will decide later :)

PLoaf I added 5 1/2 inch holes just under the front of the aluminum front cover. I need to add more the fan is still restriced.

Am running 20C amb 26C in the case 39 and 40 C one processors.

But thats the on board Sensors. Am not sure about this but Asus book leaves you with the idea its using the on chip diode. But I have no idea for sure.

With the proteinAs am getting this box looks like it will out put around 15 points a day maybe a bit more

Here is a link to some other pics of this system and my messy desk :)
http://www.geocities.com/ocffc/pics

Outstanding system Robert. I'm curious. How much air is exiting the top rear of the case. I noticed the fan blowing out the bottom rear of the case with one only slightly larger blowing in the front. What purpose is the lower rear fan serving. That is the most beautiful case I've ever seen. No mods needed for that baby. Nice job. Fold On!! :beer: :burn:

Suggestion: With large enough fans blowing out the top rear turning the lower rear fan to blow in may provide card cooling air that will with the other fans eventually exit through the power supply and top fans. I have always wanted to do an airflow check to see exactly how air flows through a case with a given setup and yours is perfect for that purpose. Placing a piece of plastic large enough to cover the side of the case yet allow visual access to the interior will allow you to see smoke move inside the case. Placing a smoke creating device such as a mosquito repellant disk could make the air visible. Allow case to fill with smoke before turning system on. You will see the exact pattern of airflow when system is turned on. It should also show dead spots.
Your airflow is already good. Your temps show that. I just want to steal your sys for an experiment:D :)

All three of the fans at the bottom blow into the case I know the 120mm in the front is restricted some I need to fix that. But if all was well I should have about 120cfm or there about in. The one 120mm fan at top is rated at 108 cfm I think it is. So once I get some more airflow for that front fan I should be in good shape. :)

wow, that's a great system robertm. btw, what is the prot2pt.jpg on your webpage a picture of?

KFB said:
wow, that's a great system robertm. btw, what is the prot2pt.jpg on your webpage a picture of?

Darn I knew someone would ask that LOL, Its a design I have been working on at work for an intrinsic safe barrier. Am sure that cleared things up LOL.

Intrinsic safe devices will not cause an explosion in an exlosive mixure of gass and air. The one you see failed so dont try an copy it ;). The new model should pass the testing at 13.5 volts at 10amps

Thats an older design that I happend to need web access for. I should have moved it to another directory :)

You asked LOL

ok. thanks for the explanation, but now i am even more curious. what does it do? (besides NOT explode):)

Hmm I forgot to get back to this some times ago. To put it simple as I can it senses how fast current is incressing across the shunt resistors and limits the current or shuts down depending oh just how hight the current load is.

Back