• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new raptor but......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

ok so my new raptor came today. and i turn my computer off, plug her in( i have nf7-s), bring out windows xp cd, start up computer, start the windows installation oh btw on boot it read and detected to the drive fine. but becuase windows is stupid you have to have the drivers so i put in the floppy press f6 then it says please put in floppy and press enter i press enter it loads for a sec and then say please put floppy in and press enter. it keeps doing this. why wont it read my floppy. ( it came with mobo) i want my drive to work tonight i am impatient. i have the need for speed. since right now i only have the 5400rpm seagate. waht am i doing wrong. please help.

Deathknight

Could be something wrong with the disk. Download the drivers off of the abit website and put them on a different floppy.

Carmine_Paterno

Make sure your floppy drive is plugged incorrectly and is correctly identified in the bios. Make sure you didnt unplug the power cable by accident while attaching the raptor. Unless your positive your overclock is 9999% stable bring it back down to stock speed while installing.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
the drivers need to be in the root directory on the disk. i bet that is the problem. you need to locate the winxp versions and put them on another disk and use that. windows can't browse directories in the setup like you can in windows. it just looks in the root directory on the a: drive :)

if you look on the disk, the drivers will probably be located in a directory like a:\drivers\winxp\ or something like that...

Deathknight

I have used the drivers off of the disk that came with my nf7-s and did not need to copy them onto a different disk. Either something is wrong with the disk or your drive. Its one of the reasons I hate floppys though. They sit around getting all kinds of garbage in them then when you need em they don't work...