• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new setup, Canter, 2.4c, 226w Pelt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2ntense

I have my new system coming together here. I decided to go with the IC7-G and the 2.4c. I will be throwing my pelt setup on it to handle the cooling. All I'm waiting on is the 2.4c which will be here Thursday. Figured I'd post and keep this updated till I'm done. You people are the only ones who make any sense out this craziness. Everybody else is clueless:)

micamica1217

good luck

btw, I dont think you'll need the extreme cooling.

your new cpu should do 270fsb or better with the stock HS.

mica

Maxvla

lol your OLD system is better than 99% of other people's computers.

OP

2ntense

I'm hoping for 3.5GHz with killer memory scores. With people getting 3.3GHz w/ default vcore, I shouldn't have a problem. I have the pelt, might as well use it :)

micamica1217

2ntense said:
I'm hoping for 3.5GHz with killer memory scores. With people getting 3.3GHz w/ default vcore, I shouldn't have a problem. I have the pelt, might as well use it :)

yes, but you may need to run at 3/2 mem ratio, and that may kill your final OC.
5/4 ratio dosn't seem to be too bad at all.

just a thought

mica

OP

2ntense

I don't have my pelt back on yet but here is what I have so far. Ratail HSF CAN'T give me 3.3 w/ dfault vcore. Also, My pc3500 CAN"T do 216 or 217, so much for 433. My luck must simply suck. I am currently running at 3.19GHz (265 fsb). At 266FSB Prime95 only would run for 9 hrs before it crashed. I am one for total stabilty. It has to be running at least when I get up in the morning :). Anyways I'm going for absolute stable default speeds with just FSB increases, or decreases right now. Were gonna see if she can run 265 FSB all night. When I get stable I will put the pelt back on her.