• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Water Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

I just placed an order for this new block, GeminiCool If your getting ready to place an order for a water block, you may want to read an upcoming article that will be posted to this forum soon. A while back I posted a link to the above site and some of you had mixed feelings. I ordered because I do not want to be standing in line and waiting for this water block.

Iron Hawk

I have had my eyes on that block for a few days now. How well does this one perform? and it comes with two diferent chanel sizes; which one will perform better?

JokerF15

Hello guys,

I don't post here much, but i love reading the threads. This block is awesome. I have myself used it and sell it currently on my site: http://www.case-mod.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=93 The blocks came in about 2 days ago, and i was surprised. Overclockers.com is doing an article on this block. I got some of the 'pre-article' data. Both the high end, and the low end version of the low end version of the block seem to beat the D.D MAze2-C and the Swiftech MCW-462u .

This block will probably take the watercooling market by storm. Just my own opinion. I personally use the D.D. Block also. Love that too! =).

-JokerF15
(Owner of Case-Mod.com)

Tecumseh

This looks like a great addition for the available commercial
WBs. Will it be substantially better than others like the DD?
I can't wait to find out.:cool:

Tecumseh

DodgeViper said:
About 4c cooler than the DD Maze2 block.
Wow! Is that even possible? We have seen spirals before
and they are OK, but this would be fantastic. Is there
something there that is not visible in the pictures? If
there is magic here its name must be Turbulence. :D

OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

I am very impressed. I called Peter on Friday at Gemini Cooling and received the block today. It looks totally assume. Can not wait to get this system up and running. Came with a really nice set of nylon bolts, nuts, standoffs, and washers. You can adapted this block to any AMD motherboard. It's small....

Last edited:

woodenman80

Ive to looked at the block

The block seems intresting. Especially the low flow one as at the moment im barely pushing 150gph per hour round my system mainly due to the 2.5m height it goes round. Ehiem 1250 :).
But im hanging on for hopefully a UK supplier .
But 4C cooler Wow. im a 29 C now no load and thats with BECOOLING jagged block not what i would call a field leader lol. just average so i could be looking at 25C or even less load ...

ONE WORD..

MINT!!!!!!!

MiseryQ

Post back when you get it running... I may have to abandon my home built unit...

racecar12

I have one of fixittt's original spiral water blocks, that got damaged in a 220watt pelt accident, that is soon to be back online with a new top I made:cool: The spiral design seems to be an excellent method of machining a w/b but it is hard to believe the GeminiCool is beating out the maze by 4c. Really hard to believe.

Tecumseh

racecar12, I find it hard to believe, too. Heck if it's 4C
better that means you could build it out of aluminum
and it would still he equal to the Maze!!:eek:

I can hardly wait to the tests to be in. When is Hoot's
report going to be ready?

OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

I have been reluctant to post Hoot testing, but seeing that its already on someone website that sells the Gemini WB I decided to post what Hoot sent me.

Here's a sneak preview:

Pump: Eheim 1048 (158gph)
Radiator: D.D. Heater core (low pressure drop)
Tubing: 3/8" ID Silicon
Vertical lift: 4 inches (insignificant)
All Water Blocks 3/8" ID straight hose barbs
All Water blocks inlet water temperature 25C
CPU: Athlon XP1600 12.5x145 (1822 Mhz) @ 2.05Vcore = 112.5Watts

Gemini High Flow Core Temperature=41C Efficiency=.14c/w (consistent)
Gemini Low Flow Core Temperature=41C Efficiency=.14c/w (consistent)
Swiftech MCW-462u Core Temperture=43C Efficiency=.16c/w (consistent)
D.D. Maze-2 Core Temperature=45C Efficiency=.17c/w (best of three tries)

I was totally surprised by the results, especially the Danger Den Maze-2.
I was equally surprised that the Gemini Low Flow block did as well as the
High Flow block, considering the slower flow rate that the 1/4" channel
causes. (120GPH vs 158GPH)

Tecumseh

Thanks, DodgeViper. Why do you suppose that the
gemini is so much better than other spiral WBs that
have cropped up? Is the base especially thin?

I gots ta know!! :)

rivercom9

When is Hoots article supposed to come out? Im looking forward to it, since I bought the Swifty block off of him after he tested it. I guess he kept the winners of the shootout cause he sold the DD and the Swifty quick.