• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Next Epox. What Should I Buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

Ok here's what happen. I had a Epox 8K3A+ MOBO and using Samsung PC2700.

Tonight I was get ready to check my email and smelled something really bad. Upon further investigating the ATX plug from the power supply had a complete meltdown taking out the female ATX plug on the MOBO. I have to buy a new P/S and MOBO. I have not kept up with the EPOX boards and need some good advice what to buy this time. I had the Epox board O/C to 1871 while using my AMD XP1600 AGOIA processor.

Let go shopping!!!!!

Serraph

Try to hold out for 1-2 more weeks and get the Epox 8RDA+ nforce2 motherboard. It'll be worth the wait seeing as it has lockable PCI/AGP, 5.1 audio, lan, dual channel ddr400 memory controller).

Tarzan

Registered
You are a happy customer. Im no technician but if mobo caused meltdown shouldnt you get a replacement? Or you know for sure it was PSU?

Yes seems best to wait a bit. Some have to test Nforce2 for the rest of us ;) btw, just read somewhere that VIA is delaying KT400A so Nforce2 it is, for now.

NEWBIE911

How much will that nforce cost ?.. I just got my 8k9a monday
works a whole lot better than the gigabyte 7vrxp.

Just waiting for my slk-800 to come in the mail ...... I can't
use my mc462-A OR MY Alpha 8045T

I had my 1600xp @1.724 with my old alpha pep66 then the bsod
came i think i need better cooling.

Serraph

It'll be in the $120 range depending on where you buy it from. That's pretty cheap compared to the $150 and $200 Asus ones.

SpoonMaN

my guess is that the nforce2 boards will settle around $130 w/o the onboard video
and once the KT400A hits us it should drop to around $110 or so
but one never knows in this crazy world

OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

Has anyone found ANY reviews of the EP-8RDA+ mobo? I did find one reveiw of another mobo using the Nvida chipset. The article was not that impressive.

OP
DodgeViper

DodgeViper

Thanks everyone. I am going to wait it out for the EPOX 8RDA+. This board appears to be an assume board. There is also a RAD verison of this board that will be out as well. I am just going to use this old AMD 750 until that board arrives at my door step.

Yodums

DodgeViper said:
Thanks everyone. I am going to wait it out for the EPOX 8RDA+. This board appears to be an assume board. There is also a RAD verison of this board that will be out as well. I am just going to use this old AMD 750 until that board arrives at my door step.

It maybe awhile. The price will be really high at first since it's a new chipset and all and it will have bugs to sort out. Just something to keep in mind.