• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Next generation card conclusion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and wtf is this supposed to mean? you've obviously made it clear that you are not black......and an ignorant, immature, stereotyping KID :mad: i'm not black but i find it extremely offensive

PS: learn correct ENGLISH, especially your spelling and grammar, KID
Hellion said:
........To say i didnt do any research is like saying im un educated and i dont know what im talking about. Its like calling me a black person......

Last edited:
i think people got confused with his "black comment" what i gathered was that he didn't mean to imply being black was bad, he was saying "mentioning race or color in a conversation is completely irrelevant, just like saying he only bought his video card b/c he's a fanboy" is irrelevant...whether anyone on the forum is black or not is irrelevant and i don't think he meant to imply that it was. I think that one statement was misunderstood and created an argument over the wrong thing, which should be an educated discussion on what video card is better.
Kevin

i see your point, but the comment should be removed, race should have NEVER been brought up in the first place
kpiciulo said:
i think people got confused with his "black comment" what i gathered was that he didn't mean to imply being black was bad, he was saying "mentioning race or color in a conversation is completely irrelevant, just like saying he only bought his video card b/c he's a fanboy" is irrelevant...whether anyone on the forum is black or not is irrelevant and i don't think he meant to imply that it was. I think that one statement was misunderstood and created an argument over the wrong thing, which should be an educated discussion on what video card is better.
Kevin

Why is everyone still on the subject for 1. 2, I've apologized severel time,"and not just in the thread...to the people. So im not going to apologize anymore for it. 3. STOP CALLING ME IGNORENT! i dont speak or write the way i type...i take shortcuts when i type. like not capitolizing or finishing the spelling, I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO IN MY LIFE! i dont jus t sit around at the forums all day, hence the fact there is a QUICK REPLY at the bottom, so i would appreciate it if everyone just got the heck off my back already man...how many times do i have to apologize to the overly defensive people on this thread! SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY now shut up already about it and move on like mature people.

I mean, race isnt even a big thing...to me at least, its the people that make a big deal about it that make it seem bad. Look at sex for example, everyone takes it as "Taboo" because society tells everyone its wrong. Same thing with race, right? because a lot of horrible things happened, you have to fear every word you say for the rest of your life or you get yelled at by people (LIKE I AM GETTING YELLED AT NOW) for saying something that wasnt event remotly rascist or bad. How do you know I'm not black? Or would that make a difference. Try and mature a little more before yelling at me over something so petty as a metaphor i made up.

Anyways, back to the subject lol. Does anyone have a link to the X800 pro vivo yet? also if your REALLY looking for a value card, nvidia's 6800 non ultra line is simple, but ati also has a line called the X300 & X600....check em out at ati.com, or the 6800's at nvidia.com, im not sure about nvidia but ati tells you about the different versions that are being made. example"X800 saphire, or ice berg." SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY To save time, i said sorry 211 times because im bound to get yelled at for this post too,"laws of forums".

Oh. one more thing, if you want to yell at me or work something out with me, use my yahoo link or pm me....keep it off the thread, i realize that were pretty much ruining his thread so lets take it else were.

Last edited:
lol, sorry for my little temper, but you can at least TRY to avoid bringing up such subjects in THAT kind of context, and im just picking at you spelling ;)

Hellion said:
Why is everyone still on the subject for .....

bobmanfoo said:
lol, sorry for my little temper, but you can at least TRY to avoid bringing up such subjects in THAT kind of context, and im just picking at you spelling ;)

Thanx for the apology, but when you picked at me for the comment about race, you made the quote, and cut the rest off like it was MEANT to be racsist, like instead of ignorent and black being to different sentances, you made them one making it look worse than it was.

you said
........To say i didnt do any research is like saying im un educated and i dont know what im talking about. Its like calling me a black person......

I said,
...... Its like calling me a black person when my race isnt even specified......

It's like trying to make everyone hate me... :cry: does anyone like me? :(

Last edited:
i thought the GT was running for $500 ? or is that going to be the Ultra - as before it was alwasy the x800PRO was cheaper then the 6800GT....

Mr.Guvernment said:
i thought the GT was running for $500 ? or is that going to be the Ultra - as before it was alwasy the x800PRO was cheaper then the 6800GT....

Heh, the GTs are going anywhere from $400 to $600 at the moment and I think that's crazy. This situation is true for pretty much all new cards and not just the GTs though. The X800 XT PEs are going for as high as $900 on Ebay and there are no 6800 Ultras to be found but the rest of the cards that can be found are going for senseless prices depending on where you look.

On Newegg for instance, there are 3 GTs and the prices are $409.99, $459.00 and $540.00. Go figure...

Hellion said:
It's like trying to make everyone hate me... :cry: does anyone like me? :(

I like you bro and understand your frustration. :)

Btw, you can find an x800 VIVO here: http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-POWERC-128

Black_Paladin said:
Heh, the GTs are going anywhere from $400 to $600 at the moment and I think that's crazy. This situation is true for pretty much all new cards and not just the GTs though. The X800 XT PEs are going for as high as $900 on Ebay and there are no 6800 Ultras to be found but the rest of the cards that can be found are going for senseless prices depending on where you look.

On Newegg for instance, there are 3 GTs and the prices are $409.99, $459.00 and $540.00. Go figure...

I like you bro and understand your frustration. :)

Btw, you can find an x800 VIVO here: http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-POWERC-128

**self esteem rising. :)**

Also, thanx for the link :D Hitman contracts....mmmmmmm :D
I beat the crap out of the first game. I like being an assasin.

On the GT front the price is supposed to 399. Then again the x800xt-pe is supposed to be 499. Outside of mainstream retailers who can't seem to ever get them in every other shop is selling what they can get them for.
Pricewatch has some amazingly high prices on these goodies right now.

Supply and demand baby! :eek:

Croaker

Croaker said:
On the GT front the price is supposed to 399. Then again the x800xt-pe is supposed to be 499. Outside of mainstream retailers who can't seem to ever get them in every other shop is selling what they can get them for.
Pricewatch has some amazingly high prices on these goodies right now.

Supply and demand baby! :eek:

Croaker

So does CDw's website, so keep an eye out guys....and girls :D

I have to agree with CircutBreaker, this thread is as funny as the election coverage without the chance of screwing up the country(I DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT want us to start argueing politics here please) and the people debating are a lot less boring.

Cheers and remember you are argueing over minute benchmark differences and personal opinions not how you think the world should be controlled.

I've been with a 9800 Pro for the last year. It was the best card for heavy FSAA usage (which I must run in ALL my games). I purchased it, because it was the best, but not because I'm a ATI fan. I was surprised to see that ATI drivers were top notch, and actually have surpassed Nvidia.

I am however a Nvidia fanboy (3dfx previously) and likely will be until the day they go away. I purchased the 5900 Ultra, but it became clear that it was better suited for my Son who seems to play a lot of Nvidia supported games. He has had it for a year, and is happy.

I have returned to Nvidia because finally they have produced a killer card (6800 Ultra), and I'm happy to say it lives up to the hype. Yes, I agree the X800XT is awsome (had one on pre-order) but since they were so close I went Nvidia.

The consumer wins this time around, and nobody get screwed. The only issue I see, is it appears ATI is really having production problems, so guess those ATI fans will have to wait a little longer then the Nvidia folks.

CircuitBreaker8 said:
lol this is one funny thread. You people are fighting over graphic cards. Here is my conclusion

YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH EITHER ONE

No...that quote is funny. Have you ever played a first person shooter online?
Do you know what the difference in 80 ping and 0 ping, if your the one with 80, your going to be paste on the side of the wall, while the difference between the cards, IS marginal... there still is a difference between 50 fps and 23. get my point? and im not trying to be rude. :D

Back