• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My overclocking report (updated as needed)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also, my max FSB is also 250. I do not have the CHV but I also know 260 FSB should be attainable on the Sabertooth, yet no amount of NB voltage will help get it.
I've been well over 300 on the Sabertooth, @ 1.2v NB. More is not necessary. OP has a **** processor or ram. Luck of the draw.

Starting to think it's just my board. No matter what I do or change voltage on it just won't post. A Fsb of 250 is all it wants. Unless my I'm setting the multipliers for HT Link and Cpu nb too high. At 2650 they won't post. I'll see what I can figure out tomorrow.

Like I said. With the ram you have one of two choices. Well 3 now that I think about it.
1. Drop the ram to auto let it default to 1333 or 1600 whichever that one does then go from there.
2. Try hitting F5 go completely to defaults, use the DOCP option and see if it will even run at 2400 speed.
3. try a different BIOS for that board. I did some testing long ago, it's in the Just Putzen thread somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. BUT what I found was that some BIOS versions were terrible for reading the XMP/SPD profile and setting ram up even on auto with main timings set manually. I even had trouble booting into the bios let alone windows and that was before any settings. Just clearing CMOs put new stick in and no boot. I knew these stick would work from previous experience. The only difference was he BIOS version.

EDIT: Here it is, shows the difference between two different BIOS and how the ram was being read http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Putzen-Round?p=7657778&viewfull=1#post7657778

I'll look over that post and maybe try a different bios but for now I'm sure it's my board. No matter what memory settings I use or what voltage I throw at it, it won't post at anything after 250 fsb.

I'll look over that post and maybe try a different bios but for now I'm sure it's my board. No matter what memory settings I use or what voltage I throw at it, it won't post at anything after 250 fsb.
Then get it off the 250. You are creating your own stumbling block here. Up the multi by one or two, and drop the bus speed. You can still achieve the same OC, you just have to do it a different way.
It's not the board. I can 99% guaranty it.

I got the same speed with a 250 fsb so I'm cool with it. If it's not the board then I'm lost cause I've tried tons of memory settings and adjusting voltages. On a side note when I got my board it was bent up in the upper left by the i/o panel. Not sure if that's affecting anything. Once I get the money I may pick up a new board and see if that helps unless I can get better results with a different bios. But I won't be able to play with it for 7 hours cause I'm at work right now.

I got the same speed with a 250 fsb so I'm cool with it. If it's not the board then I'm lost cause I've tried tons of memory settings and adjusting voltages. On a side note when I got my board it was bent up in the upper left by the i/o panel. Not sure if that's affecting anything. Once I get the money I may pick up a new board and see if that helps unless I can get better results with a different bios. But I won't be able to play with it for 7 hours cause I'm at work right now.
Why do you need a new board? Buying a new one just to try and get over 250FSB is a waste of money. Sorry to say it but it's true if that's your intentions.

Has to do with the bent corner, I can't use half of my ports cause of it.

Ahh my bad. I thought you were dead set on getting more than 250FSB. :bang head
A corner bent that bad... Did it come like that? Maybe return it if you can. RMA even (long shot)

I bought it used off of someone here. Sorry I don't got a pic cause it's mounted right now

So just got done testing other bios and same thing. Only now I can get it to post at 255 but I get win errors and bsod's. That's with ram running around 1600 with loose timings. So still seems like 250 is the best I'll get, but that's ok. I'll just wait for zen to come out and upgrade.

So while at microcenter today I decided to pick up some of that evga ram cause it's cheap. Well turns out I should have stuck with my gut feeling that it was the ram. Right now I'm stress testing at a 255 fsb and no windows errors.

I see, so it wasn't the board after all. I really am curios as to why you're fixated on the high FSB ? It really makes no difference in performance

How's that warped corner doing is what I'm wondering.
Though seems to have no effect on your clocks so push on!!!! :attn:

Ok since I'm new to HWmonitor, which temp is socket temp and whats cpu temp? is the cpu temp under the fx-6300 labeled package? I just wanna make sure I'm looking at the right numbers here so I know how far I can push, I feel like such a newb.

Cpu temp is socket, keep < 70c... Package temp is the "Cores" keep < 62 c. You will see the package temp drop below ambient when not under load, which is impossible unless cooling with sub ambient cooling. . This is normal, the Fx doesn't have an actual sensor per se on the cores. It's an algorithmic calculation that AMD came up with to give a reading. It's been said my AMD themselves it's not accurate until about 40C under load.

Back