• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My p4 1.8a > 2.4..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XxSuN_SoOxX

Registered
ok i know alot of you guys have a 1.8a oced to 2.4 w/no problems w/stock cooling and even under 1.7 core voltage.. well about a month ago i came home and resumed my computer and i got a fatal blue screen. so i thought some1 screwed up my computer and i reformatted and still had problems. i thought that one of my hd's on raid went out but that wasn't the problem.. but i finally figured out that my proc was diminishing =( i love intel still, but i was curious if any1 was having this problem? im running stock now,, and at 2.4 i got 13622 as my benchmark on 3dmark using old 29 dets i wanted to run it again but it fails after first test, only time it runs fine is at 2.2.. but neways i had it running at 2.4 for like 5 months straight till it failed =( this isn't bashing on intel either i still love intel over amd anyday especially the new 3.06 hyperthreading :: Drools :: :D

OP
X

XxSuN_SoOxX

Registered
my temp was pretty normal i think 45 degress,, i am running samsung pc800 16device i don't know if it is 45 ns or 40ns im thinking it is 45ns,, but it worked fine for 6months w/stock cooling now it won't be stable if i oc past 2.2 =(