• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My QCD is talking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Arg! Every time I open my Quintessential Player, it says something in a very bass-y tone. I don't know why it's doing it, but I want it to stop.

Can somebody help me out?

OP
Oni

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
I figured it out. A wav file from my newly installed Rage3d Tweak was cross-linked w/ the opening of QCD. I nuked the wav files, and it stopped doing it.

Now the question is, why would RageTweak do that?

jstutman

rage 3d does that to me also, no clue what he says. its whenever i run a 3d app.

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
Well, the 3dfx 3d drivers used to display a logo on the screen anytime a 3d ap opened. I guess it's the same sort of thing ... -- Paul

venom9007

haha sweet, thanks Oni. I've been trying to find out how to stop that creepy voice from talking whenever I opened up certain programs. The first time I heard it my sound was turned up and I jumped when it started talking. I thought my pc was haunted or something. :D

{PMS}fishy

subconcept said:
It says "game detected"

What a stupid and pointless feature.

I think its changing the video card settings for you, to optmize the game play. I get it to. Its funny, Im not going to kill it.