• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Well to be honest, im not really expecting any answers to this, but if you could give me some advice it would be cool :)

<rant>
Well I have a 2.53 b chip, and i've been trying to overclock it as high as I can (around 3.06ghz mark), but that high windows just dumps a load into its nappy, and it does that for the majority of the tests. When i do get a stable clock prime95 likes to crap its pants and after all of this im left with my cpu @ stock :(

Guess its just not a OC cpu :(

</rant>

Well.. i needed to get that off my chest :D

I have learned to take prime results with a grain of salt. If the system is stable 99.999% of the time and only faulters when prime says you have an error then the system is stable in my opinion. I've had prime give me errors at a chips stock speeds, yet I can get a 50% stable overclock on the cpu.

Prime95 is a guide and that is it.

fair enough, althought it did seem to crash a fair bit while I was palying UT2k3 and a bit of CS (DON'T HIT ME), like random reboots.. or just a plain old memory dump

Well in my case most of the time Prime95 makes me stable. I don't like the newer version of it but the one before it works nicely. I don't get any errors with it for 24 hours plus but with 2 hours of the newer version running it drops. I can run 2 instances of seti and it works perfectly fine also.

I can do as high as 3.6 but no where near prime stable, probley my ram doesn't like it using 3:2 divider yet it can do 220mhz stable. Prime is really confusing sometimes I find out, sometimes it will work no problems other times it just doesn't do what it should.

Oh yea I'm running at 3.3ghz right now on 1.6volts but I can run up to 3.5xx on 1.6volts also its just not prime stable. Then again I can run at stock voltages at 3.3ghz but yet again not prime stable yet every program I fire at her works without problems for hours on end.

Alright, i guess that doesn't make me feel so bad now :p

Back