• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Sapphire 2900XT from ZZF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After reading his post in the other thread, the truck didn't drop off the card yet. Hopefully we'll get some pictures and results by tomorrow.

He went past my house, I will have to wait for the next truck to come. Could be a little while. :(

OMG ANOTHER ONE WENT PAST MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you fedex!!!!!

I probably won't get it until later this afternoon now. :(

ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures being uploaded now. Sorry but you'll have to wait till later this evening or tomorrow before I make her "naked" and get down and dirty on pictures. As of right now I just WANT HER INSIDE NOW!!!!!!! (LMAO, puns rock)

The Black Box from Valve (HL2:ep2, TF2, portal) is an activation key which just gives you access for the games when they are released later (September probably) so the games are not included per se. Thought I would clear that up. Now, for the good stuff!!!

Ha, it came with ANOTHER 3dmark06 advanced key. I got one with my motherboard that I had to give away because I don't need it. Now I have another that I don't need, jeez! First person to read this part of the thread and reply that they want the 06 advanced key gets it from me.

IMG_0699-vi.jpg

IMG_0700-vi.jpg

IMG_0701-vi.jpg

Last edited:
vixro said:
ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! I'm EXCITED!!!! I can only imagine how you feel.

Let's see some results and pics when you get a chance. :drool:

Installing the drivers right now. Have to reboot. I think that was the fastest I ripped a video card out of my system and installed a new one.

Unfortunately, my second monitor still does not work. So, it looks like it wasn't my x1950xtx after all that was the problem. My BenQ FP93G-X is broken as a secondary monitor, but works as a primary monitor. How strange, now that I found the problem I can probably fix that one. Well, that just makes selling the x1950xtx a hell of a lot easier. :D

Anyway, rebooting now and I'm going to hit up 3dmark06 first and then check out some features.

Vixro,

If noone has claimed that 3dmark06 key I would be glad to take it off your hands. Stupid PM thing was taking too long to load and crashed.

Benchies!

Code given to roofles.
YGPM!

Benchmarks incoming, 3dmark06 just booted!

3dmark06 score updated.

3dmkar05 score updated. (You can see the vertex shader scores are astronomically higher.)

Guild wars score updated.

HL2:Lost Coast updated.

Counter-strike Source updated (appears buggy, lags and has jumps that are very high and very low).

HL2:ep1 updated. (appeared to run like a speedhack, score was doubled)

6xAA is not a valid AA anymore on the 2900XT for some reason on certain games. I will be running AA tests on high quality for 4xAA because 8xAA appears to be buggy and has extremely low fps. Games that support 6xAA on the 2900XT will be ran at that level.

Quake 4 score updated.

3dmark06 high-quality score updated.

I am going to mess around a bit more after work. I have to leave now but I will be back sometime later tonight. I tried to update most of the scores!!!! I will also add % increases (and decreases, like one score) so that it's easier to tell the difference in scores.

Last edited:
For those interested in fan noise of the 2900XT Sapphire.

My x1900xt, loud idle, very loud load.
My x1950xtx, very quiet idle, normal/loud load.
My 2900xt, quiet/normal idle, normal/loud load.

The fan appears to spin a little faster than my x1950xtx at idle speeds, but when at load the fan is around the same dB levels as my x1950xtx if not a little bit quieter (but not by much).

Hope that helps for those that were interested.

YOO said:
what is up with the connectors? my psu has 2 6pin connectors but 8 pin? am i gonna be able to use both?

You will use both 6 pin connectors coming from you PS. The 8 pin socket on the card will accept the 6 pin from
your computers PS but you will not be able to OC using OverDrive in the CCC that way.

Damn I hate the thought of having to put Net Framework back on my computer to run that god awful CCC again.
That is one thing I definitely have not missed one bit!!!

Viper

.Net framework never bothered me one bit because I end up having it on my machine anyway. The only thing I would hate if they made me put IIS on my machine to make it work, that would drive me away from any company faster than anything else.

~jtjuska

Yes, I used 2 6 pin connectors and I do not even have an Overdrive menu on CCC but it runs fine even in 3dgames.

I am home, here to do a little more testing and to add some more detail to the scores. If I get bored later this evening, I will take it back out and get some nudie pictures of the card. ;)

Back