• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My server just got rooted :mad: yes real mad..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

nevermind :cool:
my bro is dumb enough to hack my server and fool with me :p
Phew i dont have to rebuild the server now
MameXP.

Last edited:

cf79

What kind of server is it? And I gotta' agree with Chrisdafu... If your brother got in, maybe you should consider beefin' up security. I hope he was jokin' around with you and not serious.

OP
MameXP

MameXP

LOL yes he just showed me the hole its CGI script. ANyway Its running on Gentoo 1.4r4 tweaked kernel
serving: Apache, PHP, MySQL, OpenSSH, sftp
heheh ye hes just fooling around. First i found out my sites was removed and changed. Then the logs files were removed even the .Bash_history.

And i dont bother kick him, hes my older bro, and hes in 4th yr CS too, i'm a noob compare to him :p(he just doesnt like the fact that my Gentoo is better then his BSD)

MameXP

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
Take a testor's paint brush, and a bottle of gel type super glue.
Unplug his power cord, and coat each pin with super glue...let dry...plug back in.

It'll take him some time before he figures out why there's no power (if you can keep from laughing that long).

Brother's...oy! Glad mine lives 3 counties away.

OP
MameXP

MameXP

LOL Diggrr thanks for the tip ;)

Ye WE used to fight all the time when we were young, but now we...hacking each other's server. Ye i'm checking out a very *cool* docs about hacking right out. Time for a revenge muahahhahahah

MameXP,