• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Stupidity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alphabet555

Ok, I'm very new to this and I know nothing. Could someone please tell me what I should look for? Like what brands, or where I should look for cheap ones (are used on e-bay good)? I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to upgrade my computer (it's like 4 years old and slower than a dead slug).

Thanks,
Alphabet555

Titan386

Welcome to the Forums!

I think we need a little more information on what you are looking for in a system to guide you in the right direction. What do you use you computer for? How much are you willing to spend? Are you going to build your own system, or get a pre-built one? Do you plan to overclock?

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
I recommend, for now, that you buy a prebuilt machine and use your old one to learn as much as you possibly can. If you're afraid of breaking something when building a machine, then don't build it.

That's my advice.

AlucardCasull

do you know someone who is very good with computers? If so, you should order your parts seperatley and let your friend build it all up, and just watch over their shoulder and see whats done, how they troubleshoot etc. if you dont know someone, then i agree with ThePerfectCore.