• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My temps just went up by 6C randomly...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX

I used to idle at 44C with my Volcano 6 Cu+. But now I can only idle at 50C. wtf is up? I've already dusted my case but nothing has but the temps stayed up there. What else can I do:confused: The case temp hasn't changed at all. How can I get it back down? HELP!!!

check the temp outside, its probably gone up....yesterday my temps were 39C fll load today it was 44C

Yea, if the room got hotter there is not a thing you can
do about it...except cool the room down.:)

WeaponX said:
The room temp didn't go up 1C. It's the exact same but my CPU temp changed by 6C.

Are your fans running any slower than before because of
dust; or is a drive cable in the way because a zip-tie
anchor fell off?

I'm using ASII, I just wraped all my cables up with conduit and the temps are still up there....I don't get it...could there be dust in the HSF that would cause this?

Did ya touch anything before doing it. Remount the heatsink ..

Get an air can and dust out the hsf.. Hmm I wonder if the fan is still good or something, not normal for it to be doing that.

Maybe a cpu stress util running on the background ?

Do you use firedaemon (Prime95 service) ? :confused:

I really hate to take off my HSF. I'm always worried that the screwdriver migt slip and there goes my mobo. But I did take it off yesterday, wiped the core and HSF clean with some ethyl alcohol, applied some more ASII and remounted it. Nothing changed at all. I need to get some more air in a can so I can dust it, but would dust make it go up 6C??

Back