• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My TI200 is no more than the equivelant to what an MX-400 was a year ago!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Do you agree? I have a TI200 video card and I love it, so far it works great at every game that I have thrown at it. But, it seems that some of the games that are looking really cool that are just coming out or are due out are on the verge of being too much for this card to handle. Am I just being overskeptical, or am I due for an upgrade? I know that I am getting a bit tired of having to upgrade every year just to be able to run the current games like they were meant to be run.

OC Noob

Its getting a bit dated, but i bet it will last you another 6 to 12 months if you want it to. O/C it to get the most out of it. I think its still a nice card and it sure beats a Gf4 MX!

OP
TUK101

TUK101

Yeah, I still think that it is still a pretty descent card, but I also feal that it is about at the end of its line. I have OC'ed it in the past, but so far it seems to work fine for the current batch of games. I dont like to OC my vid cards that much since it seems like no matter where you OC to it doesnt make all that big of a difference when playing games. It also seems to take a lot of time to find the right OC to where it doesnt lock up or get artifacts.

OC Noob

Do you want encouragement to go out and buy a new card. You know if you really want that new card, but need some coaxing...

That card is weaker then an S3 Virge, on a good day!

I wouldn't stick that ancient piece of junk in my 386!

That card, with the wind at its back, couldn't beat my 103 year old grandma in a race!

I was taking appart an ATARI 2600 the other day and you know what I found...THATS RIGHT...YOUR CARD! Now we know where the 2600 gets its immense power from!

If you need anymore coaxing just PM me. I'm always here to help a fellow O/Cer:D

john240sx

good god OC Noob, he's not running a voodoo 1.

i'm still running a MX400, so far there isn't a game that don't run good with decent graphics. i know the card is a little outdated but it still works.

a GF3TI200 is about 2 1/2 times more powerful so i don't think it's quite outdated yet/ i would at least wait until the GeforceFX comes out and the price drops a little. i'm not saying get a GF FX but think if the price of the TI4600, it should be about $125 in a few months :) (atleast that's what i'm hopeing for)

OC Noob

john240sx said:
good god OC Noob, he's not running a voodoo 1.

i'm still running a MX400, so far there isn't a game that don't run good with decent graphics. i know the card is a little outdated but it still works.

a GF3TI200 is about 2 1/2 times more powerful so i don't think it's quite outdated yet/ i would at least wait until the GeforceFX comes out and the price drops a little. i'm not saying get a GF FX but think if the price of the TI4600, it should be about $125 in a few months :) (atleast that's what i'm hopeing for)

Thats probably true, should I save the coaxing for when prices drop?

eli

The GeForce 3 will continue to live for at least another year. At least for me it will. No way i'm going to drop $400 bling for the latest and greatest. Not worth it!

Slayn

What in the hell would you need a upgrade a geforce4 for!?!? For the love of god, they dont even make the new geforce yet! come on people! >_<;;; I just bought myself a radeon 8500LE 128MB a month or two ago! you dont need to play this upgrade game! :eek:

FIZZ3

Pro: It's DX8
Con: It's the slowest NVidia DX8 card in existence

Personally I'd say the card has good value- it will allow pretty visuals a'plenty when playing offline... and when you turn up the heat online you'd be better off turning all that fancy shine off anyway to rake in more frags. :>

funnyperson1

Punkmasterflick said:
What's the slowest card dx8 card? there were over three cards mentioned.

i believe that distinction goes to SiS Xabre lol...but TUK101...the Ti200 is a great card...it can play any game out there most at 1280x1024 with good quality...keep it, at least until NV30 comes out and a 4600 becomes cheap...

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
TUK101 said:
Do you agree? I have a TI200 video card and I love it, so far it works great at every game that I have thrown at it. But, it seems that some of the games that are looking really cool that are just coming out or are due out are on the verge of being too much for this card to handle. Am I just being overskeptical, or am I due for an upgrade? I know that I am getting a bit tired of having to upgrade every year just to be able to run the current games like they were meant to be run.

i would wait it out for a while... especially with the geforce fx coming out and whatever ati will throw back at them... this will lower the prices of higher end cards, that way you might not have to buy the same generation of card which will enable you to make your next card purchase last longer. that is just my take on it.

PreservedSwine

I'd keep that GF3, it's still a good card, but go w/ the advice to overclock it.

If your system specs are accurate, I would think a new mobo, ram, and cpu would be the upgrade to make 1st- the Geforce3Ti200 still has plenty of headroom w/ a faster system:)

BabyEater

PreservedSwine hit the nail on the head there your cpu ram etc. is your bottleneck not the Ti200. It also overclocks to Ti500 speeds handy (for me anyway)