• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My transfer 2010 build.. Modest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essenar

This year I'm going to UCSD :D

Anyway, I want to build a computer for while I'm there. Due to some budget/financing/personal problems, I sold the sig rig.

I still have the HD3870, my Cooler Master 534, my optical drive and my power supply (Corsair VX450).

I plan on giving the power supply to a friend, and I don't know if an HD3870 is good enough, although I'm a bit of a modest gamer. I just wanted some good crunching power for the occasional film edit and daily tasks.

Here's what I was thinking:
AMD Athlon II X4 Propus 620
Asus M4A79XTD
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM

I don't really want anything crazy, just a simple quad core I can over-clock a little bit. Decent amount of memory, good features on the motherboard, good brands for all the parts.

Yes, I realize Intel has the fastest processors right now, but I'm not about to pay $100 for a dual-core, nor am I going to pay $200 for a quad. Looking at the reviews and benchmarks, I'm happy with the performance the Athlon II X4 puts out both at stock and over-clocked.

Back