• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Updated AMD Roadmap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

After another two months goes by, I once again have come to a new understanding of what AMD is doing in the future. First off, we'll talk about Thoroughbred,

AMD Thoroughbred Core
-------------------------------
XP1900+, XP2000+, XP2100+, XP2200+, XP2300+, XP2400+, XP2500+, XP2600+, XP2700+, XP2800+
(1.60GHz~2.20GHz) on 266FSB

Now that AMD has readied the Clawhammer, there is no need for Barton so I'm going to leave it out. Since news everywhere in the last four days has lead to this conclusion that Barton would seize to exist, AMD opened there mouth and said that Clawhammer would be here October if the memory sector was right.

AMD Clawhammer Core
-----------------------------
PR3000+, PR3400+, PR3800+, PR4200+
(2.00GHz~2.80GHz) on 400FSB

Those rumors on Clawhammer are starting to become real facts but one question still remains to be seen, will DDR400 be here in time for Clawhammer. If not, the Clawhammer will be strained by the memory bottleneck. AMD has already stated that the original release of the Clawhammer would be to have DDR400 which operates at the same speed of the FSB.

But, Clawhammer will support DDR333 which should flood the market by late this year. When the Clawhammer moves to a 533FSB, AMD will bring with this, DDRII533 which opearates with less voltage, is smaller and would allow for 4GB Dimms.

I have seen DDR400 CL2.5 running @ 400MHz and those chips get hot! In order to hit DDR533, where going to have to see DDRII. A lady in my local computer store has a couple sticks of 5ns DDR which she said has hit 500MHz on CL2.5 and did a stable CL2 at 400MHz.

More to follow,

AXIA

AXIA said:
I have seen DDR400 CL2.5 running @ 400MHz and those chips get hot! In order to hit DDR533, where going to have to see DDRII. A lady in my local computer store has a couple sticks of 5ns DDR which she said has hit 500MHz on CL2.5 and did a stable CL2 at 400MHz.

More to follow,

what make DDR memory and is it running at a 'TRUE' 500mhz if so on what motherboard ???... or are we talking about 250 mhz x Double Date Rate = 500 mhz and perhaps you could get this lady to produce some benchmarks to give us some idea as to how it compares in reality

Re: Re: My Updated AMD Roadmap!

UnseenMenace said:

what make DDR memory and is it running at a 'TRUE' 500mhz if so on what motherboard ???... or are we talking about 250 mhz x Double Date Rate = 500 mhz and perhaps you could get this lady to produce some benchmarks to give us some idea as to how it compares in reality

Pretty positive it's the Double Data Rate... Yea get this lady to show off what she has :D

Looks good.
As Hammer is aiming at the higher ends of the market, will they still release Barton CPUs for us poorer people :D

David said:
Looks good.
As Hammer is aiming at the higher ends of the market, will they still release Barton CPUs for us poorer people :D

haha, tha is pretty funny. I have to agree that these things won't be cheap but i have already started my dual clawhammer fund :D i can't wait for this chip.

UnseenMenace,

It's a 5ns 128MB MT DDR stick which is rated DDR400 @ CL2.5 . The memory was designed to operate @ 400MHz but she had it runnning at 500MHz on a KT333E chipset which had the memory operating at 250MHzDDR (500MHzSDR).

To achieve the 500MHz, the KT333E was running at 333MHz FSB and the Memory was set to 4/6 operation (DDR333/400) drive value).

This result gives you 333.33 / 4 X 6 = 500.00MHz. Although CL2.5, still was impressive.

AXIA

Last edited:
Back