• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my very getto newb mod lol :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

The story is this, i got this case from newegg 2 years ago
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-132&depa=1

that this is completely crap but i didn't know, that was my 1st case :)

So here's what i did :)
120mm fan in the front :)
getto1.jpg

Here's the fram for the back 92mm zalman fan
getto2.jpg

Over all picture, swap the raidmax crappy PSU for a TT purepower and swap in the zalman bracket fans, all the 120mm fans are yale loon fans lol
getto3.jpg

Finally everything in :) notice i also cut the dam window so that it wouldn't look so bad :) cutting that thing with a dremel was horrible
getto4.jpg

and yes i used paper to mount the fans lol, i was gonna buy plexiglass but that's too hard to work with, and the hole cutter costs 30 bucks, so i skim out on that, besides i'm gonna put a P3 system in there, i already got a new case for my current rig lol. very getto IMO to use paper hahha.

freaking raidmax shouldda do their case like i do, why the hell did they put 2 80mm fans in the back and 4 in the front? makes no sense to me.

i dont understand their fan setups either. nice to see you are getting your feet wet. once youve got that moddin flavor in your mouth there is no stoppin ya :)

Did you do any cutting for the front mounted fan?

Nice effort by the way. I noticed the window edges looks a little wiggly (no offense), and I was thinking it may have been due to using a dremel tool. Perhaps it's easier to work with tin snips in the future. I've had great success with them -without practice- cutting through 1+ mm SECC steel with good results.

Back