• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My video card is stuck in PCI mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The DJ

Registered
This happened with my Geforce card before on this mobo and installing the VIA 4 in 1 drivers fixed it. Now I have a Radeon 9600XT (on an Asus A7V8X-X mobo) and I can't fix it.

It says: Location: PCI Slot 7 (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0) and Chip Set: RADEON 9600XT AGP (0X4152). Also, this is a new hard drive. Will I suffer performance when playing a game? Any ideas on fixing it? On XP Pro.

Well look for updated VIA 4 in 1 Drivers for your motherboard.... If you have already done that then go into your BIOS and see if AGP is enabled......

Did you reformat and install windows or just installed the card and the drivers after u pulled the Nvidia card out???

I used the newest 4 and 1 drivers first and then the older ones I used before. The drive was brand new out of the box. In BIOS, it just has AGP 8X without the ability to change it--everything else same as before. I don't see any fixes for this on their site. Damn, this sucks...

Back