• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My WC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KCB064

Registered
I finally finished my first liquid cooled system, after about 3 months of building. Here is some of the hardware...
Antec 1200 case
Corsair 850W PSU
Asus P6t Deluxe v2
Intel Core i7-620
Corsair Dominator 6GB @ 1600Mhz
ATI 5850
OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD (2) in Raid0
Danger Den CPU Block
EK Dual bay reservoir
Swiftec MCP655 pump
Swiftec MCR220 radiator
Yate Loon Medium fans

I have the i7 running at 4.1 GHz at 1.3v. Idle temps 39-41C. Full prime 95 load after 20 min temps at 74-76C.

SSDs getting writes of 290MB/s and reads of 390MB/s.

Haven't played with the GPU much yet...

Thanks for checking it out and everyones help during the build!!

17557_421355780376_618290376_105539.jpg

atomic ferret

I would replace the TDX block with something more recent. It's pretty outdated and you'll see a decrease in temps by switching to a Swiftech XT or HK 3.0.

OP
K

KCB064

Registered
I'd love to put the new Heat Killer block on eventually. Just comes down to $$, I got the TDX for really cheap! It does a decent job for now... Temps should go down how much with better block? 5c?

Boulard83

:welcome:

Good job !

I agree with atomic about your block but yes ... its $$ for few °c

You have anything on the bottom/front of the case ? You could mount the rad inside the case this way. Quite EZ.

OP
K

KCB064

Registered
I have the SSDs, a 1TB, and the pump there....i considered it, but it isnt a big deal to me to be outside...

deadlysyn

Folding Team Content Editor, Who Dolk'd my stars S
I can completely relate to the money argument. My first set up had an Apogee GT and a heater core.

I can relate to the money reasoning as well. I have been piecing my loop together as I had the money to spare. The only parts that were bought new are about 5 fittings, and my tubing. Everything else was bought from the classies here, and I still spent around $300 for a CPU and GPU loop. I have been ordering what parts I could afford since September or October.

The loop looks pretty good, and if you are happy with your temps, I wouldn't change a thing.