• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My windows 10 pc is constantly restarting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MorePower!

I turned my pc on and it ran fine for 10 minutes. Then the screen freezes and it restarts. Then it restarts over and over. I unplug the computer and plug it back in. Its not doing anything. Then I hit power and the mobo makes a beeping noise and the same restarting goes on. Its so fast that I don't get any image on the screen.

Im on win 10 64 bit on the rig in my signature. Im really not sure how to fix this.

Did you just get an update? Install new hardware? I read somewhere that Win10 doesn't play well with older Intel hardware, that might of been resolved by now, but again I don't know. Can you get into the Bios and set everything back to defaults? When it does the constant restart, does it get to windows, or it's stuck in POST? if it's stuck in post you most likely have a hardware issue, if it gets to windows it might of been a bad update. Can go from there when you give more info.

I would set the Bios to default first, if you need to clear the CMOS, Then see if that fixes the problem.

Check all connections and reseat each and every one. Worse comes to worse power surge knocked something out. If a usb port is bad make sure you test it with your cheapest flash drive. Get a ups to protect the ac in too. Probably something just came loose hopefully.

Back