• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Zalman doesn't fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hexum

Registered
i just got a Zalman CNPS7000-Cu heatsink/fan in the mail today and i have no clue how im gonna attach it to my cpu/motherboard.

it says on the box that it fits AMDs up to 2.0 Ghz and beyond, but i have an AMD 1800+ w/ Epox 8kha+ and there are simply no holes on my mobo where the instructions said they should be.

im kinda new maybe im missing something?

thanks a whole lot guys

peace

XJ

isn't that thing for the upcoming A64's? maybe i missed something also. But if it uses the 4 mounting holes like the SLK-900 does on my 8RDA+ then yes you have cocked up and either need to send it back or purchase a new board ;x

slater3333uk

i think the problem is that only some bords come with the correct mounting holes in them i know my bord dosent have any and its proving to be quite troublesome.

like people said u need either a differant bord or a differant hsink :(

its not your falt there should be a warning about this happening when you buy hsinks that require holes to mount

OP
H

hexum

Registered
okay since its about time for an upgrade for me... i guess ill go for a new mobo.

the epox 8kha+ that i have now is absolutly kickass, so im gonna stick with epox and try the 8rda

but does anyone know if the 8rda will have the correct holes for mounting the heatsink??? i dont want this same problem all over again!! :)

i need holes directly left and right of the cpu core (or maybe directly above and below)

again, it's a zalman CNPS7000-Cu and the box says "AMD Athlon 64 (Socket 754) : Over 2.0 Ghz:"

thanks