• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED MybadOmen's "Dimastech Bench Mod" (not yet named)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Hokie, Do not understand what it is, but sure looks really nice i can see why you are so fired up about it.

UPDATE 9 !

Acrylic Laser cutting is done and now here ready to go. There will be more work done to the Acrylic but that i will do in house. Huge Thanks goes out to Tyler Industries for there great Acrylic work.

Also the 2 custom Primochill CTR reservoirs have arrived. These reservoirs are not yet released and have been made to a custom length or 24 inches long for the build by Primochill. Release Date on the Primochill CTR Reservoirs is Nov 1st and i have been messing with them for a while now and they are very high quality and incredible looking reservoirs.

Photo of one of them as the other is in the box to avoid getting damaged as i work.

Also have been messing with different color coolants from Primochill's new "Intensifier" Product line. These Dyes are amazing from what i have seen so far. here are a few samples i made just messing around but i still haven't decided for sure the final color going into the JukeBench build.

Here is a white which was made by adding 2 15mil Primochill Intensifier Base bottles to a whole gallon of distilled. (Only 1 15 mil bottle of Base if going to color it , 2 bottles is just for white)

Photo of the white in action (Could easily make more white or less white )

Pink anyone? Just a light pink as i was messing around before changing coolant colors.I was aiming for Pepto Bismal color just for fun.

This Blue came out really cool also but wont be the color for the JukeBench.

Well that really it for this Update but getting the Acrylic and special reservoirs is Huge as thats what i needed to move on with this build. So Keep watching.

Also for more Info on the Primochill CTR Reservoirs or the Amazing new Intensifier Dyes that i totally fell in love with see here : http://www.primochill.com/

Take Care my friends at OCN and please subscribe if haven't already.

MybadOmen

Update 10!

Been busy all weekend working on JukeBench mostly Acrylic work. Didn't finish in time for the update i was planning on as some dimensions are a little off and its my own fault of course :) .. Really not a big deal just a little bit of cutting to do.

Here are some of the design dimensions but i have changed them allot for the final Build as in the name will be changed and the way the top and sides are mounted will be different.

Anyway here's the dimensions of JukeBench:

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

I will try and get this weekends UPDATE up as soon as possible.It seems every time i get moving on it something comes up and i get delayed again.But as i said before this build is in no rush and will end up being my own personal Bench.

Take Care guys and will get you that Update soon as possible.

MybadOmen

UPDATE 11 !

Hiya Fellow Modder's /Overclocker's/Folder's and Gamers. As promised i am back to release another update one the JukeBench build. I didn't sleep at all through the night just so i can finally get some progress going to show you guys. Even though like i said there is no rush on this Mod.

Ok i will stop blabbing and get right to it. This update is me starting to build the actual Jukebox base onto the Dimastech bench.

Here is the bench all stripped down again ready to Mod and then paint. Ant the Acrylic is sitting on tops with a protective layer on it all. Just thought id mention that before people ask why i am using wood.

Materials:

dbtgallery.php

First thing i had to do was make a way to Squish the Acrylic between a piece of Aluminum which will strengthen the acrylic so it don't crack and just help to keep it sturdy. Also i wanted it to be removable if i ever wanted to remove it.

This is what i did: I first needed a 2 1/2" wide by 16 3/4" long aluminum plate for each side. So i measured that out to make a base line to go by on both sides.

dbtgallery.php

These dots represent 2 1/2" plus they are also in a particular spot for what you will see in a bit.

dbtgallery.php

Clamping the ruler assures a nice straight line by avoiding any movement drawing on long runs.

dbtgallery.php

Here im about to cut the 2 1/2" x 16 3/4" Aluminum plates from this sheet of Aluminum. Always wear safety glasses like the ones you see me using, as i have been in the hospital on more then on occasion with metal in my eye. Not fun.

dbtgallery.php

By the way these are the best safety glasses i have ever worn and you can get your own set at Mnpctech and they are incredibly inexpensive and also very High quality.

Link to Safety Glasses from Mnpctech : http://www.mnpctech.com/Safetyglasses.html

Ok Just Marking the measurements out:

dbtgallery.php

And finally off and Modding. I used that guide on the jigsaw 2 times and ended up having to finally cute then freehand.

dbtgallery.php

2 nice pieces of Aluminum. For those that don't know Aluminum can be wet sanded and polished to look very similar then chrome. But its better then chrome :)

dbtgallery.php

Just lining them up but wont finish them till the end so i don't scratch them up:

dbtgallery.php

These are the holes that will go through the Aluminum and Acrylic and the Bench will be threaded.

dbtgallery.php

This always scares me is drilling through thin acrylic. To fast of the bit grabs . Big Crack.. Luckily all went smooth..

dbtgallery.php

Ok there is a photo missing here . It should have been me drilling the Bench holes out but. I had the camera in 1 had and drill in the other.Dropped the drill and broke the bit. So no photo .Lol

dbtgallery.php

Speaking of breaking things. This is what happens sometimes when trying to tap without cutting oil. I am painting the case shortly so i don't want any oils near the Bench at all.

dbtgallery.php

Success ! and yes those are the long hard drive screws that usually have a rubber grommet. Worked perfect for this.

dbtgallery.php

Just to show how sturdy it is this way .The bench is on its side and the acrylic isn't really to light but its also a success so far.

dbtgallery.php

Starting to look like something.

dbtgallery.php

You can see in this Photo my design was a little flawed but just a few minute fix. This will be the Back of the bench with a 220mm Exhaust Fan. Remember this build isn't just cute its also a Monster!

dbtgallery.php

And no i didn't sniff it. Lol anyway the Acrylic Glue (Will have to sit for 24 hours before moving on )

dbtgallery.php

Can you see her in your head yet? Omg i hope she keeps looking better and better.

dbtgallery.php

Ok here is the last Photo for this update. Before i post it i want to tell a little story. I was reading build logs randomly like i always do and i came across this guys building Phase changers or something crazy insane. His username was Dimas. I started following his work and started seeing more and more of his Benches. I fell in love with the Easy/Hard 2.5 bench which is what you see me Modding. Anyway i found out it was Italian made. Come on everything Italian made is incredible quality. I cant remember how it actually happened but they seen i loved the bench and somewhere along the line i ended up Building a Sponsored Dimastech Bench which was a nice break from doing case. Plus i never hardly game i Benchmark and Overclock and thats about it mainly. I do play the campaigns on most new games though.

Anyway when i got my sponsors this is what i was going to Build. (Those who know me ,know i change everything right in the middle of a build sometimes) Anyway this one i really changed and im sure i will more before its over.

First Design :
dbtgallery.php

I know some of you are probally saying wow that would have been cool. And yes it would have but not unique enough for me. JukeBench is perfect because it makes no sense at all.. A Total beast of a PC that can handle LN2 ,DICE or just hefty watercooling and i wrapped in in a funky jukebox. But the Jukebox is set to the RoG theme for colors.

Anyway just thought id tell you guys a little story about the build since you had to wait so long for an Update.

Last Photo.. Thank You Dimastech !!!

dbtgallery.php

Welders up and running with a brand new spool of good wire ,Replaced my Air compressor so that's ready to go .

So Stay Tuned Much More Modding to Come !

Don't forget to check out my New Phantom 820 Mod that i will be doing the same time as this one.

I'll be back soon my Friends so stay safe and take care... (Wear you Safety Glasses ! ) :)

MybadOmen

Update 12!

This update is just short and sweet its a Photo of the base pretty much together to start building off of. Board in the center was just for support till the glue was fully cured.It has since been removed.

DimastechJukeBenchUpdate12_zps1250e89a.jpg

And of course the update wouldn't be complete if i didn't show the heart and soul of this monster JukeBench and that's the Asus Rampage Extreme IV X79 fitted with an i7-3930k and 16 Gigs of Quad channel Corsair Dominator's C9 2133mhz. Also as you seen in photos about its fitted with every water block imaginable from EK.Also to add to the Horsepower is a Pair of HD7970 Gpus at 1250/1750.

Seriously tell me this don't look like a v8 getting ready to go in a street rod :) Can tell where my background was before PC's.

And here it is the belly of the beast :

heartandsouloftheJukebenchbuild_zpsc4a2453b.jpg

Hope you guys like it so far ..Keep watching for more soon.

Take Care

MybadOmen

Update 13!

Getting ready to drill the holes and cutouts to mount the new parts i got from Mnpctech. I got 2 PC Mod Digital Thermometer's to give me the ambient temps inside the JukeBox part of the build and the other one to give me either the outside ambient temps or inside where the rads and PSU will be sitting. (Most likely outside the case Ambient) And because the will look cool on the Mod of course :) ..

Also i will also be adding the Popular Billet Machined Aluminum Case Feet from Mnpctech to the bottom of the bench to give it a really cool look.I love the small details like that it really sets a build apart.This will be my first time using these feet but i seen them on many builds and had to have them.

Here is a quick Peek of them before i start Installing them .

Mnpctechsponsored_zps0fb6defd.jpg

You can get all sorts of Modding supplies from the guys at Mnpctech as they are Hardcore Modder's themselves and know what we need.

For the Mnpctech website just click the banner:

Be back soon with the updates of me installing them. Take Care guys and please remember doing 2 Mods and a Client build at the same time and its only me here with limited tools. But im doing my best.

MybadOmen

Back