• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NAKED 3500 Venice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DaWiper said:
(EDIT: @Joe Camel's last post)
I know. I have one myself. I currently see no way of mounting the xp90 without tipping it. That maneuver crushed ALOT of AXP cores. I dont have the guts(or the money) to try it right now. I probably will though.
it AINT easy, but the only way i have found is to put the HS on the IHS and HOLD IT FLAT while you press down the clips 1 @ a time in a X. but the trick is that the 2 clips "under" the fins are a "lil tricky" to get to :rolleyes: try mounting it while the mobo is (still) out of the case.

update: no post.......... doing a "1 hour with the bat. out clear CMOS" and 🙏 :(

pict02616xe.jpg

ya, thats a 80mm Nado duct-taped to a copper socket A HS and modded to mount on my x850 xt (there are 2x screws under the duct-tape ;) )

Last edited:
lets just say ive tried a few different sticks:

2x BH-5, TCCD, TCC5, 2x UTT ;)
pict02621gl.jpg

ive found with this DFI that after you clear the CMOS, it likes to boot with the cheapest, junkiest mem you have (Mushkin GREEN line in my case)
BUT @ this point it could be ANYTHING!

ill give a few different sticks a try after the hour.... :shrug:

Last edited:
not nice credit card bill collection i have going :cry:
(this is worse than a drug addiction....well, sorta/maybe)

and a "dead" 3500 Venice aint going to sell very well ....

edit: 10 more min for an hour....

2nd edit: think this pup is R.I.P.

no-go ... took CPU out, replaced, remounted....3 lights no beep....dont have anything other than mem to swap out (mobo/cpu) and its too late to get to a store for a "cheep" 3000...think im going to bed now :(

Last edited:
i think it might be the mobo. im doubting that this chip is dead if it will start up. maybe let it have a run in your MSI neo2 board, where you fx55 is hanging out now. if it doesnt work there, then id safely say its dead.

screw that :p , i dont want to re do the MachII...(till Sucka sells me his FX-57...thank GHOD i didnt have a 57 in there...IF its a dead CPU)

im going to be building a rig for a friend soon, ill test it out when i get the parts for that rig...probly an over-priced comp-usa: 3000 and MSI/Abit rig since that is the only place i can get the parts... tomorrow ;)

im still going to try EVERYTHING i can on this thing tonight...
anybody got any "tricks" to get this thing into BIOS?

while the CPU was out, i turned it on with no CPU or mem and got 4 lights no beep; what-ever thats worth :shrug:

edit:

got it to boot (ONCE, after f10...3 lights no beep...)
this is @ 1.38V (according to other BIOS screen) 18C room temp @ the time
i let is sit there for about 5 min to warm up ;)

Last edited:
i have a Mach II already so....

mounting/insulating is such a PITA with DD phase change rigs.

to be quite honest, im just a hardware/OC addict and buy tons of stuff i "dont need" :rolleyes:

(and take lots of pics to "show off" to y'all....NOT!)

Well we most definity appreciate those pics JOE:)cool. I was just wondering for myself too.. Water's getting EXPENSIVE $100 pumps, $100 blocks, $100 radiators...and lots of work to do it right. I remember the first two WC boxes I built were literally two weekends of cutting and modding to get things right. Thinking about making the move myself to supercool see thread here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=399794

GOT IT!!!!

i tried to boot with no vid card...1 light and lots o beeps!!!

careful replacement of card and she's booting 4 times in a row now!!!

damn...why didnt i think of this earlier?!!!!! :bang head

SORRY to DFI *if* all this was just a bad connection with Vid card!!! :eek:

EDIT:
careful replacement of card
dont think i didnt unplug / replug and or wiggle the thing every other time i swapped mem or cleared CMOS...

Last edited:
after all the crap ive been through in the past week do you think i have a B4 temp?

i can *TRY* to come up with a setting that i ran B4 and *think* i remember the temps...i was right around 2800MHz @ 1.7V and hitting about 40-42c load...(thats what's P95ing right now while im upstairs typing to y'all) but in all honesty, i cant say FOR SURE (sorry) :eh?:

I'm too scared to take off the hs, seems like you did a fine job :) Glad you got the problem resolved too! Now have fun Ocing!! :p

Kinda of stupid question but since the cpu die attaches to the heatspreader, do you cover the whole heat spreader with thermal paste, or just the middle where the die is?

Back