• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Natural Selection Squad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illwillchill

I know there already is a Natural Selection (NS) "group" thread. And I know about the recent formation of a Battlefield 1942 Clan/Squad (I should know, I am currently attending practices etc.) And this is in no way to be in competition of the BF1942 squad formation.

But, since I do see a genuine interest in this game, and there are people wanting to play a few games. So if you are interested in playing a game of NS, or the remote possibility of a O/C squad being formed, please post with applicable information ie.

In game ID
AIM screenname or any other contact information
Frequent servers played
Time available for play
Experience with NS

(for people that are interested in the game Natural Selection please click on this link, which would take you to the offical site, that has the download. You need the full version of Half-Life and a valid CD-Key to play online.)
Natural Selection

Im up for it. I've been playing for a couple weeks, on several servers. Ponchos Tavern mostly. all my contact info is below

[OC]TheFrag or The Frag (no [OC])
AIM: Frag0wnzj00z MSN: [email protected]
I just go to all sorts of servers.
After 4:00PM. Sometimes I wont be one though....
I played since it came out, then stopped for a bit. Then I played 1.04 and fell in luv with it.

[OC]Oblivion, and sometimes NSPlayer (you'll know its me because I usually do better than a regular new player, if you think it's me, say something like "OC?")
I play around 6-8 or 8-10/11 PM Eastern on weekdays, and like 10-3/4 PM/AM on weekends.
My Aim Name is Oblivion3134, and my E-mail is [email protected], but I rarely use it.
I will play on any server that has good ping from Long Island, has 10 or so players, and is playing either Caged or Eclipse.

Edit: I played since the day of release. Back when everyone was bad, my skulk-fu was dominant. I eventually formatted and stopped playing for a month. I found my CD later, and all is well again. I kinda slipped into a marine playing mood, and play them about as much as I play aliens now. When I play aliens, I usually go Lerk as soon as we get a seconds hive, and I will only gorge when I am either in a vent outside base, or I have the chance to build in their base. I am a moderately good player as of now, but have my good and bad days.

So that's three so far, I thought there was much more that were interested. ????

anyways...

[O/C]ILLWILL
ILLWILLCHILL
I usually play at the redphive (Vancover BC) or any game with a good ping
Usually friday saturday night

Ive been playing for about two weeks now, Ive gotten the hang of marines, still suck with aliens, haven't commanded yet. but as a basic grunt i own with a lmg :D

w00t!

RuKK
[email protected] for msn messenger (I'm generaly on)
RuKK0R on AIM, but I'm almost never on.
RuKK on IRC (efnet)
[email protected] (second best way to reach me beside IRC)

Just started playing so I have no favorite servers yet. But yeah redphive.org obviously pings good (I'm on Vancouver Island).

Starting to get the hang of marines. I'm good at teamwork and a good CS player so its sort of natural once I got used to the guns. Terrible at aliens though.. Havent had a chance to try commanding much.

Yeah as I mentioned above I usually play at redphive.org server (Im in seattle) nice pings, and you need to use Cheating Death (an anti cheat mod) to play.

Well so far I see 7 people (including me) that are interest in this game, not enough IMO to start a squad or to make our own server, but its a good start.

So, if anyone else has any glancing interest in this game, starting a seperate O/C server or even starting a squad PM me or post here.

Well, I play a lot on !!! Team Fun's Allergic Reaction server now, prolly for like the last week. I might not play as much, as I finally found my BF1942 CDs. w00t

(Well this is actually a shameless bump)

We need a regular server to play on. Either a hosted one or one serviced by ourselves. What do you guys think?

Sounds good. For a 20 person server, what bandwith and general comp specs would we need. I have 1.25 megabit cable line and an old Pentium 3 500 something Mhz laptop, but that probably would host like a 2 person game...

the ups on the cable ar eprolly horrid. Mine has 2.5 down, but like .25 up :eek:

Ok, somone has to have a totalyl maxed out advanced sun server with like 100 CPUs on a kickass connection... ;)

is this game good?? my friend said it sucks no point to it! if its good ok fine ill play with u guys and maybe ill host a hlds game down 1.5mbps up 128kbps hehe as long as my amd k6 2 comes ill use my 450 or k6 for the server

your friend is missing a lot, either he hasn't played it long enough or he has a starcraft fanboy or something. but I assure you that you will be hooked to this game once you get over the initial newbie curve.

ya, I am prolly gonna play it tonight...... Right now I just got meh joystick working. Bf1942 time ;) We shoul dplay BF1942 or NS sometime soon, illwillchill

Name: Starfox
AIM: mr1337h4x
Servers: Voogru and H20
Time: between 6-10 CST normally
NS: i 0wn j00 a1| m0f0z00r5

Back