• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Natural Selection Squad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm still a newb at NS, but I really like the idea and would like some formal training with some of yo guys.

My NS name is Malakai
AIM: Malakai 0311
Available most evenings, and all day saturday
Play any server with people I know.

I have read all the guides at the NS forums and the entire help guide that comes with the game, I am just a little newbish and most pub servers don't like showing a new guy the ropes.

Please tell me a time you are all going to play so I can get some game time without constant worry of flaming for being new. As you all know, the learning curve on this game is steep, and people talking **** really **** me off.

Whats up foxer:D I see your posts all the time at [H], how ya been?

Sounds cool, if I could join.

I go by TMP3z
aim is.. TMP3z
icq # is 139026810

I used to play only at Vadakill, now its just the server with the lowest ping

I play from after 3 pm (weekdays) until 6 am, all day if I feel like it on weekends

I've been playing ns ever since I got banned from a christian counterstrike server
for using the name "Action Jesus" (reason for the name change to TMP3z)

wow, that's about 11 people interesting in this game
now to find a stable/reliable server to play on.

anyway I changed my game ID to PSYENCE

quite frankly I am getting sick of playing on public servers too many noobs running around asking for mines and welders, hmgs 1 minute into the game, And I haven't really ever commed a game before and I am annoyed by noob leachers

"put the mines on the ground"
"stay together guys"
"def teh pg def the pg!!!"

(this is just a shameless bump in disguise)

does anyone know of any reliable (and cheap) game hosters?
I see a significant number of people that play this game. and we should really consider picking a time/date to play a game.

(This threads falling into the netherworld)

Must bump.

I haven't seen any of you guys yet. Right now playing on Voogu and as PSYENCE. I hope I see you guys.

btw I can't wait for ver 1.1

I havent been playing a lot recently. i got totally hooked on BF1942 :) IM or PM me if you wanna play sometime :)

1.1 looks like it is going to be great. Sensory chambers cloaking buildings, silence silencing all attacks (I was screwing around with silence last night and I really think it is under rated compared to celerity and adrenaline, and when combined with cloaking, makes a skulk the scariest thing), all chambers being useable early on, new Onos ability, multiple gorges a viable tactic, and more cool stuff.

I am up for a game at like 7 EST mabey, if anyone wants to play. I know there aren't many NS players, but could it be possible that we get a sticky...please? :)

Anyone think a there are enough people to make an NS tactics thread?

I'd like to see a tactics thread. I introduced NS at my last LAN party and it was a big hit. We're working on getting a dedicated server put together for our LAN group and hosted at the local college. (I've got connections :) ). So hopefully in the next couple of months I'll have a server up that I would be more than happy to host a game for everyone.

Play as:
Twyst on whatever server pings the best (I'm a 56ker)

everyone should play at the voogru severs! the best for NS!

i at least play once a day so look me up ayo!

Starfoxer said:
everyone should play at the voogru severs! the best for NS!

i at least play once a day so look me up ayo!
Im telling ya I played with you once. Surprisingly, I was all, hey maybe it is Starfoxer, then I though nahh.... wierd.

*bump*
We gotta keep this thread active.....

Lets make this the new tactics thread, OK?

First topic:

What is your current default upgrade configuration for Aliens of each class?

Discuss :\

for fade it is mandatory to get redemption under defense, and adrenline under movement, not getting both of these especially redemption while fade is dumb and you will be chewed out by the rest of the team if they find out you didn't get redemption as a fade.

for skulk it really depends on what role you want to take. when rushing and not really expecting not to survive the attack i usually get carapase, especially when rushing phase gates, turret factories, infantry portals, the few seconds that you live longer are well worth it. I dont really recommend redemption unless it's a small team (less than 10) and the spawn time of aliens really affects the game. other wise its worthless to get redemption for skulk especially when the marines start to get weapon upgrades (level 2 or 3, hmgs, gls). because its most likely you will die before successfully warping back to the hive.

as a general rule I try to get redemption whenever I am a higher evolution (lerk, fade, gorge, onos)

as for sensory, i dont really see the use for any upgrades from them, except for level 3 cloaking for skulk.

For skulk, depending on how I play, I think that Silence is an upgrade to not be overlooked. In areas of the map with small and winding corridors (processing in Hera), the ability to sneak up onto a marine is powerful. If you plan on playing a direct attack role, Carapce and Celerity are needed.

For Lerk, Adrenaline is needed since it allows you to remain in constant flight. Carapace is good late game since it allows you to have increased combat survivability, and the time wasted morhping again and getting to the front line, late game, is not worth 33 res (that was worded poorly...) Redemption is good early when the team can not afford to lose a Lerk. Lastly, Regeneration is good early for early game situations for when you are Lerking in a vent and have no quick way to get a heal.

For Fades, Adrenaline is also the only real option for them, since their power is largely based on their highly energy consuming attack. Defensively, Carapace is good, so long as your team can afford the chance to lose a fade, and since it increases survivability by a great amount, it reduces the chances of death and increases the damage to the enemy greatly. Redemption is also good for a large portion of the game since 54 resources is alot even when you have 3 hives and are getting 5 res a click per person, but since fades are relatively able to flee (blink), and can take on most basic marines, they dont really need it, but it is sometimes usefull.

For Onos, Adrenaline is also the main option, since it's main attack, charge, quickly drains all your energy, and the fast it recovers the better. Celerity might be interesting to try since it would have AMAZING speed with a primal screen, and charge activated, but adrenaline works nicer. Carapace and Redemption are the only real defensive options for Onos. It mainly depends on the situation of the game. If the marine base is under a final seige, and they realy don't have heavies or grenade launchers, Redemption isn't necassary. Redemption is best used on Gorges and Onos since they are the two worth the most resources. They both are also sluggish, and have a hard time retreating (Onos is due to it's size, and Gorge since it is just slow and fat).

Edit: The main thing you want to do with sensory is Level 3 cloaking, since the other abilities are useless. Cloaking works well on everyone, but is not the most useful, and by time the Aliens have 3 hives, the Marines have lost. Cloaking and Silence on a Skulk really do provide a good way to stalk basic marines, and when silence removes attack noise, it is going to be even more awesome.

OK guys its the weekend FINALLY and I am going to play right now either at Voogru or at redphive my screenname will be
[OC]PSYENCE. See you guys there.

Back