• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

!nc's radbox and home-made block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4dsux

Registered
[Updated] !nc's radbox and home-made block

more info at my site

Barton XP-M 2500+ IOYHA 0349 @ 2560mHz (233x11)
Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0
512 corsair xms 3200 platinum (3200LLPT) 2-3-2-11
ATi 9800 Pro 128MB (455/365)
80GB Maxtor SATA HDD

CPU: cascade-style Torrent WB
GPU: fin-style
Radbox: 2 heatercores, Iwaki MD20R, car heater blower (wired for 8 speeds), 1.5L res, wired with a relay and overide.

Temps: (load)
Water: 24.5c
CPU: 44c
GPU: 34c

here's some pics, tons more on my site.

Last edited:
:eek: that block looks an incredible amount like my cascade (except for copper vs plastic jets). I hope cathar is flattered (i'm sure he is). But seriously, that's some amazing skill you got with machining bro!

What water additives are you using to get such clogging in the block? Mine's been pretty good, I clean everything before installing and use distilled water with a splash of zerex racing coolant.

Very sweet setup, how much air does that blower move? You should try out pelts with that amount of cooling :)

That's homemade?!!!! That looks great! How does it perform? If it performs on par with the blocks made by the leadng companies you should market and sell your design. Make some money from your skill!!!

I have an inline wire mesh filter made out of a fan filter cut stuffed into the tubing until i get a proper one. The waterflow was halfed when i put it in. Maybe a fuel filter would work better. The heatercores were from the junkyard, and even though i washed them out, misc debris and sand still come from them. Im sure the block doesn't preform as well as Cathar's, but it's better than my old microifn block.

The blower was taken out of a mazda pickup, and i usually have it set on the third setting (of 4), and at 5v instead of 12v, so i can't hear it over the background noise in the room. At this setting im guessing 200 cfm, and probably 500cfm at full speed.

Back