• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEAT!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills

watch this vid, it's fun so put on your headphones.
in there he says that they just recorded 100 gigs of footage, just what the heck writes that fast?????

That is insane. Interesting how each break took similar shape/fractures as it shattered.

if you watch and listen, after recording at 170,000 fps he says they just recorded 100 gigs, what drive can write that fast???

I imagine it isn't writing that quickly, a lot I bet is stored/cached to RAM and then sent to whatever hard drive setup they are using, be it SSD or whatever.

so, instead of having some super speed ssd it has cubic miles of ram then it's copied over to a drive?

So I looked up the camera they are using and it apparently can house up to 256 GB of ram. It also houses a removable proprietary solid state storage device (ssd?) that is used to offload data to a computer while the camera is in use with another storage device. Reading through the documentation it seems that at high frame rates data is stored directly to RAM and then transfered to storage afterwards. Max record time is then limited by the amount of ram you have installed. Link to camera specs below.

https://www.highspeedcameras.com/Products/Ultrahigh-Speed-Cameras/v2512

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a little more reading looks like this thing can do 1 million fps at lower resolutions like 128x32.

Back