• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 64GB C16 Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I currently have a set of crucial ballistix ddr4 3600 c16 (16GBx2) set but need an upgrade to 64GB. I was looking at this one, but don't know how good Mushkin is these days.

Need them low profile, What do you think?

Another route would be adding another set of crucial ballistix ddr4 3600 c16 but don't wanna run into problems having all 4 dimms occupied. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I've read 4x32GB can get to be a PITA to get going at all and I've read 4x8GB may actually be a little faster than 2x16GB. But I don't recall if 4x16GB are a problem or not with AMD 5000 series being able to run their XMP setting. Maybe @Woomack can answer that. Adding a 2nd kit would certainly be more affordable.
I don't have any Mushkin DDR4, but I have a Redline DDR3-1600 2x8GB CL9 kit that's been running 1833 CL9 in my old FX f@h rig for years. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Redline kit if I thought it was a good deal.

@dja2k
In the #1 post is info about 32GBx2. If you have 32GB x2 then you can't go any other way than another 32GB x2. If you have 16GBx2 as in the sig, then just get one more of the same kit. If you have Crucial RAM, then the best is to get the same product number as Crucial is barely ever changing IC under a specific PN. If you can't find a specific Crucial memory kit then on their official website is an online store, and all available kits are listed.
4 memory modules should run fine at 3600 on Ryzen 5000. If you can sell your kit then maybe better get a 32GBx2 kit. If not, then cheaper will be to get a second kit with the same product number as yours. At 3600 it shouldn't matter much if you use 16GBx4 or 32GBx2.
Mushkin recently makes budget series products and is nowhere close to what they were selling 10 years+ ago.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah there was a typo in my post. Want to go from 2x16GB to 4x16GB if possible or a new 2x32GB kit. I read somewhere that Muskin Redline is Hynix based same as the likes of Corsair, but c16 is hard to find on 2x32GB kit.

Found a 2x16GB Crucial 3600 c16 kit in Black with same part# but $170 for it. The Muskin 2x32GB 3600 c16 kit is roughly $210 with some discounts.

Last edited:
Back