• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Good Compound for Sealing my Pump/Resevior

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neptune

Hey all, I'm looking for some suggestions on the best type of sealant to use when i attach my eheim1048 to my water resevior next week. Those of you who have tried different things with ranging success would be really helpful now. The last thing i want is a leak.

Thx in advance
-Neptune

W

William

Marine goops seems to be a heavy favorite here. I have also used silicone with success.

OP
N

Neptune

Well i went out and got some Marine Goop today, and i must say, the people around here really no what they're talking about! Thx for the tip!

mudguts

Little too late but what the heck...I have used JB weld with good success. I cracked the intake manifold on my Eheim 1046 threading in a brass fitting and this stuff held back my coolant all along the crack.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I have to second the JB Weld. I fixed a copper water block with it, and it has held tight for quite a while.