• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Good Compound for Sealing my Pump/Resevior

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neptune

Hey all, I'm looking for some suggestions on the best type of sealant to use when i attach my eheim1048 to my water resevior next week. Those of you who have tried different things with ranging success would be really helpful now. The last thing i want is a leak.

Thx in advance
-Neptune

Marine goops seems to be a heavy favorite here. I have also used silicone with success.

Well i went out and got some Marine Goop today, and i must say, the people around here really no what they're talking about! Thx for the tip!

Little too late but what the heck...I have used JB weld with good success. I cracked the intake manifold on my Eheim 1046 threading in a brass fitting and this stuff held back my coolant all along the crack.

I have to second the JB Weld. I fixed a copper water block with it, and it has held tight for quite a while.

Back