• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good cooling case for around $90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TF2

My Antec 300 just doesn't seem to really cool to well. I would like a new case that cools really well and is decently quiet. I'm not really too picky on cases other than if it is absolutely ugly/dated looking. I have around $90 to spend but if there was a good one for less it would be great. Thanks in advance!

Mooyo

Any details on your current rig? I've got two Antec 300s that seem to perform wonderfully and I'm just curious if there might be other factors (IE stock heatsink, lack of fans in the case, etc)

Neuromancer

If you dont mind used pick up a NZXT Zero used for cheap. I bought mine on ebay for $50 shipped a couple year ago. Coolest running case I have ever ran. Blows away the 900.

Only drawback is not much room between edge of motherboard and HDD area. So a full size card might be a problem, as well as those flat mounting SATA ports.

(Sata ports are easy to install with pliers, or install them before putting the motherboard in. But if you swap hdds in and out alot it can be tedious).

NZXT Zero 2 is the same exact case As far as I can tell, except its made of steel instead of aluminum.

Last edited:

A15G

+1 to the CM690. Probably the best case for the price, It's free shipping! The case is also very spacious.

OP
T

TF2

Any details on your current rig? I've got two Antec 300s that seem to perform wonderfully and I'm just curious if there might be other factors (IE stock heatsink, lack of fans in the case, etc)

I have a stock intel heatsink, gtx 260 core 216, and a standard atx motherboard.

OP
T

TF2

So far I am liking everything everyone has posted...they are all really nice cases, I just have to make sure that a GTX 260 core 216 would fit.

deed

So far I am liking everything everyone has posted...they are all really nice cases, I just have to make sure that a GTX 260 core 216 would fit.

The 260 should fit... Ive seen the longest cards fit in them rather easily with just enough room.

ciku

CM Haf 922 @ Newegg, $99 free shipping.

Preview:
mainrig.jpg

RideZiLightning

Registered
I have a stock intel heatsink, gtx 260 core 216, and a standard atx motherboard.

Stock heatsink and you're complaining about your case? lol c'mon bro

Your 300 is more than enough

I run 2 4870s in xfire and a 955 PII at 3.8ghz

My gpus never get above 75* and cpu load at 44* with a crappy blue orb

Throw a couple fans up front if you haven't yet

OP
T

TF2

Stock heatsink and you're complaining about your case? lol c'mon bro

Your 300 is more than enough

I run 2 4870s in xfire and a 955 PII at 3.8ghz

My gpus never get above 75* and cpu load at 44* with a crappy blue orb

Throw a couple fans up front if you haven't yet

Yeah that's probably half the problem. I also dont really like my case and the audio ports (front ports) are really screwed up on it too thats also something I want to replace. What cpu cooler is good for about $50 or under? Also if I replace my intel one will it reset the computer and half to reinstall everything like you would with a new cpu?