• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new game... any recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
As the title says, I need a new game.

Most recent games I've loved: all the Rainbox Six games, Splinter Cell, UT, Jedi Knight.

Any new games out, recently? I prefer games with downloadable demos, so I can see if it is something I'm willing to spend money on.

All recommendations welcome, but I'm not really into driving games and massive multiplier games.

I would definately have to say Tribes 2. It is an online game (has bots but they suck) that you can play on widescale maps. There are many maps to pick from and it comes with a map editor which means more are being released everyday. There are also about 100+ servers so your bound to find one you like (try the LOD katabatic). You can play with up to 64 players and with the addition of a good amount of vehicles it makes for some serious team play action. It is also not held back by bandwidth, I have 56k and this game runs great! It has a learning curve but not so steep you will want to stop playing it because it's too hard, but once you master the game (if thats possible ) you feel like a god when you run around and disc people out of the air. The game includes a jetpack which adds a whole new dimesion to the game making for some intense CTF play (the main game type).

I'm not a huge fan of RPG's but I still do play them. I have played Tribes 2 for 2 years and have never gotten tired of it, the only reason I don't play now is because my installation got corrupted and I don't have time to fix it or play it for that matter with school and such.

Now, if you wanted an RPG I would definately say to go with KOTOR for XBOX. My brother rented this game and it was amazing. We had it out for 5 days and I played for 5 days.

This is a post I made in another thread, you can also by KOTOR for PC.

NFS Underground is the fastest 'driving' game I've played yet... But it'a not to realistic... Max Payne 2 is new... And If you liked RB6 then maybe Ghost Recon is something for you... I would also try out Ballistics... That is the FASTEST non-real game I've ever seen... Insane speeds... Try steering away from obstacles in 1500 kph... Maybe Delta force 3... Looks better than landwarrior... Good hunt!
§

DaWiper said:
NFS Underground is the fastest 'driving' game I've played yet... But it'a not to realistic... Max Payne 2 is new... And If you liked RB6 then maybe Ghost Recon is something for you... I would also try out Ballistics... That is the FASTEST non-real game I've ever seen... Insane speeds... Try steering away from obstacles in 1500 kph... Maybe Delta force 3... Looks better than landwarrior... Good hunt!
§

I didn't know Max Payne 2 was out, yet. I think I'll give that a shot.

When I said Rainbow Six games, I was including all the original Rainbox Six games, expansion packs, Ghost Recon, Raven Shield, etc. (I actually own every Rainbox Six Game and Expansion ever made, I think.) I really like their games.

Ghost Recon Is the only game from the RBS-series I've played, but it was a real challenge...

i would recommend COD and suprisiling Delta Force: Black Hawk Down if ya like Rainbow six series

http://www.novalogic.com/games/DFBHD/

couldn't find a list of ALL of the weapons but it includes:

Assault Rifles:

M16A2/M203

CAR15/M203

Sniper Rifles:

M21

M24

Barret M82

Some .300 Winchester Magnum Rifle

Machine Guns:

M249 SAW

M60

M240

SMGs:

MP5/N

Also has a Multiplayer option...and is 40 bucks with the expansion Team Sabre coming out on 1/20/2004 according to ebgames.com

Also there are missions where u sniper from helicopters, man/use 20mm vulcan guns on black hawks, and shoot M2 .50 caliber machine guns from atop HMMVE or aka Hummers, it also uses 256mb of ram so u can expect short loading times. I would get the movie too, they should have some special for ppl like me who want the strat guide, the game, the movie, and a pre-order on the expansion!!!!

UT 2k4 should be coming out soon.... hopefully. here are Some other good games that i like.... you might like too
Max Payn2
CS
Warcraft 3 ect...
UT 2k3
Battle feild 1942 ect... (also Vietnam should come out soonish)

I think theres demos that you can down load for most of the games up there.

Well, I just finished the Max Payne Demo. Didn't take long;)

It was good. Pretty much just like the original Max Payne, which I liked.

Can't decide whether to buy it, or not. I might ask for it, as a Christmas present...

MaxP2 has got to have some of the sweetest graphics yet. Mona Sax in jeans has got to be the finest derre' depiction yet. I give it a 10! Oh, yeah, it plays good, too.

BALLISTICS IS SOOO COOL!!!

I thought no one else has ever played that game, I thought I was the only one :p
Insane speed, insane manuvering, insane game!

I wish in NFSU, the cars would completly crumple when they crashed :( That would have been really awesome.

Back