• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new p4 heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Circaflex

Right now i have a Zalman cnps7000alcu and i have it on the full fan speed which is 2400, now i have my cpu overclocked to about 3.8 and my temps get all the way up to 55C when gaming. What would you guys recommend, i dont care how loud it is and watercooling isnt an option right now. I dont care how big the thing is or how loud it is, i just want a nice cool computer.

Jognt

All round good guy
SP-94 or XP-120 if its availeble :)

You can combine them with delta's panaflos and the like, though the panaflo combo is currently a much used combo since panaflos are pretty quiet for their air displacement :)

the XP-120 can use fans up to 120mm in size, and it is lighter, since its made out of aluminium instead of copper, and thus, it can use the normal P4 retention bracket :)

good luck!

mtb856

Well, you probably don't care now whether it's loud or not... but eventually you'll care. It's better to find a fan that you like and buy rather than spend a wad of cash on a bunch of fans.

I recommend a Thermalright HS, a SP-94 if you can afford it. Here's a link to a list of HS rankings LINK and a link to the HS specs at a good store LINK... SVC usually has the best prices, but they're out of stock at the moment.

Now for fans, I usually recommend the Delta HHE, but it's out of stock for several months. The EHE LINK is louder, but with a good rheostat you could turn it down until it was bearable to sleep with. Here's a thread that talks about rheo's and what size you'll need LINK.

Also, you might consider the Panaflo H1B LINK... I think it puts out 52cfm at 35dB... it's not too bad for the Thermalrights. If you can handle the noise, the EHE is one of the best though.

Jognt

All round good guy
CircuitBreaker8 said:
Cooler Master HYPER 6 is the best p4 heatsink right now, and its 40$ at directron.com.

as far as i know, the hyper6 will work better with low speed fans, but as soon as the RPM/CFM turns up, the ThermalRights own the market :)

OP
C

Circaflex

whats the biggest/best cooling fan for the Thermalright SP-94, i think ill look into that one

edit when could i expect the XP-120? i just read some reviews and it defeats the sp-94, and looks nice.

OP
C

Circaflex

do you guys think if i got the sp-94 i would get much better temps say 5-10 c cooler on load? or would it just be a waste of money?

mtb856

I'll need to know your case temp and load temps.... read the temps at the same time and then post that.

The difference between your cpu and case temp ( cpu°-case°)/100= your apprx. C/W rating. Then look at this LINK and compare your C/W to the C/W of the SP-94 (.14 I think)

The difference between those values (your C/W- SP-94 C/W)*100 should give you the drop in load temps that you would expect to get with the SP-94.

OP
C

Circaflex

well i don thave a temp diode for my case but at load i get 55/56 on cpu and 33/34 on my mobo i live in Cali, and the weathers in the 80s.

mtb856

You don't :eh?: I would expect a mobo that expensive to have it on there... okay, did you get the temps from BIOS or MBM? Does your BIOS have your case temp under system health?

Do you have a thermometer that you could stick in your case to measure the temps?