• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Well, I had to RMA a card I bought for 103 dollars cuz it wasnt the rigt one and it turns out they are sold out of the one I wanted. Now i need a new one. It has to be frow www.isquaredinc.com . basically i am gonan pay more for a ti4200. I was thining about getting this one: http://www.isquaredinc.com/store/ALBTI4200Pinfo.html
. Whatta ya think? O ya, i just got a light that goes on my head in the mail. Sure it is not relevant, but cool :cool:

Kosmic

I have the turbo version of that card, and while mine hasn't overclocked as high as other people, it still performs well in games and has yielded me *almost* 13k 3D mark points at 305/655. I have *heard* that the non turbo version kinda sux. Do a search on "albatron" to read more...

K1

Cisco Kid

I agree with Kozmick1 get the turbo version if you can for like 20 more or so

cisco kid

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

k. I will see how it goes. Ill prolly get my money back and head over to newegg and buy it there since they dont have the ti4200 turbo their

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
Hope u didn't buy it yet!
go to www.pricewatch.com and search for the Abit 4200 OTES
it will pop up as 154$ US
the only card that can beat the albatron
and just looks sooooo sweet
Look up some reviews on it if u don't beleive me
later...

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

o sweet. Does that OTES come in 128mb?

:edit: Will the 64mb on that OTES card cause it not be able to play doom3 and the upcoming games?

Last edited:

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
hear me out ..
beleive me when i say the 64meg 4200 is better then the 128meg
i spent this entire past week in review websites :p
trust me i think i know the color of every chip on the cards by heart :D
i like to take my researches serious ;)
64meg all the way
Better scores then the 128 and faster mem on it with higher overclocking capabilities.
enjoy it...
i certainly will :beer:
peace!

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

ya, but the 128 mb will be able to handle more grapics. SHouldn't matter tho, Ill be upgrading to more sytem ram soon.

ReDeeMeR

hehe, well yeah if you want to have AA AF + high res textures better go with 128mb.

cullam3n

That's the card I have. I say shell out the extra money and go for the TURBO version. My memory is 4ns Samsung that freezes at 550 (no ramsinks). Have any more questions just ask me.

-PC

cullam3n

Oh you are right my bad... I was somehow thinking there was a 128mb version that was more expensive than the Turbo. I better lay off this white stuff... :confused:

-PC

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
No doubt about the OTES beeing the king of 4200 right now.
And it just looks so damn good ;)
U made the right decision!
But if the Alba Turbo was the same price it would make it harder to choose between them.
:beer: cheers

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
160$ is cool
but u don't need to feel obligated to get a new card from that store :)
If u wanna save like 10 bucks find it on pricewatch
last search i did was 154 shipping included

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

ya but i'd prolly get it from newegg. To much bad memories from half-*** stores.........

Lord Moreira

Banned till 9/16/03
there is nottin like calling them and ordering it on the phone making sure they have them in stock and what not.
plus they always process phone orders first ;)
thats what i do
later