• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Price for my IntelQ9550&Cooler.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onek

So I am not sure, if this forum wouldn't allow us to dispute a conversation about selling a product, as im unsure of how much I should sell for;

Intel Q9550 & Asus SilentKnight II Cooler; its about half a year old.
I'm going to be upgrading my whole rig, to a i5, 4GB ram, and a MSI Triple Crossfire Mobo, which will have 3 ATI 5770s + watercooling.

Once I can push out the cash, as I am only a student at college lol, so what is your opinon, I was thinking about pricing them as a bundle at £150, it overclocks to 3.99GHz and its a sweet cpu, never had any issues with it.

Please provide helpful material, if you would like to talk about buying it your more than welcome in my PM.

Yet I am not sure selling it, round about here is a good idea.

I'll reply ASAP.

-Thanks

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
I'm sorry, but discussions of purchases/sales outside the classifieds is against forum rules.

Suggestion: You can do your own research of what an item sells for retail new and deduct 30% of the retail price.

OP
O

onek

Oh no, well okay then. Well, on the other hand, whats the i5 system like, will I see a nice preformance boost? I'm doing Games-Development, so it would be nice if I could see someone with the specs I am considering.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Indeed you will. i5/i7 is pretty mainstream now as the 775 is now EOL. Any i5/i7 will definitely give you an improvement/performance increase.

Don't get me wrong, the Q9550 you currently have still has life, but if you're looking for an upgrade path without breaking the bank the i5 is the way to go.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Neb... there have been a couple of "price check" threads around to gauge pricing before a sale. They havent been "no no'd" by the mod team, but maybe they havent seen them yet as well. But there can be NO discussion of a sale outside the classy's. Pure price checks though seem ok.

I have been pushing for a PRICE CHECK thread in the classifieds but so far I have been met with resitence from the powers that be. It has worked quite well at other sites with similarly strict Classies rules so not sure why they think it wont work here....

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Neb... there have been a couple of "price check" threads around to gauge pricing before a sale. They havent been "no no'd" by the mod team, but maybe they havent seen them yet as well. But there can be NO discussion of a sale outside the classy's. Pure price checks though seem ok.

I have been pushing for a PRICE CHECK thread in the classifieds but so far I have been met with resitence from the powers that be. It has worked quite well at other sites with similarly strict Classies rules so not sure why they think it wont work here....

Roger that. Sounds like a great idea :thup: