• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a racing game for xbox 360

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably going to pick up Forza3 with a gamefly subscription sometime soon. It's that good eh?

Depends on how hardcore of a racer you are. As with a lot of them, it does get repetitive but is has more tracks and cars than part 2 or part 1 did and more than Gran Turismo 4,3,2 or 1. There's the online racing aspect of it. There's getting to tinker with painting your car. You can tinker with upgrading parts and keeping the car legal in the class you're racing in. If you're REALLY hardcore then you can also fine-tune the car with some pretty extensive tools to adjust cast and camber, downforce, dampening, ride height, gearing and all sorts of other stuff to squeeze every ounce of performance out of a car.

I recall playing online with Forza 2, where there was this guy who was just blowing us all away in his Ford GT40. Now the GT40 is a tough car to drive. At higher speeds the thing just gets so squirrelly that you're going to mess up in a turn or get loose somewhere and that's all it takes to lose when you're facing good drivers. The guy drove this tough to handle car flawlessly. He wasn't a better driver than any of the rest of us but he was a master at tuning and he had the car sticking to the track like glue and the perfect balance of speed and accelleration from the gearbox.

You don't HAVE to play the game that way though. You can adjust the difficulties for it to be nearly as arcadey as Outrun but if you're a true Petrolhead then the game CAN be near ZEN to you.

I also hear that it SUPER-rocks with a force-feedback steering wheel, but I've never played with one.

Wow Fudge, you might have just sold me on Forza 3. I've never really gotten into racing games since Gran Turismo 1, but I LOVED the tuning part of it. Adjusting the alignment and downforce, gearing. Not that I was genius at it, but it was awesome to do some adjustments and then shave a chunk of time off of your favorite track :)

Definitely forza 3. Get it so I can own you at tag. :thup:

Also, I didn't know mia played forza. I have to add him to my friends list now.

Ya I think I'm going to get it too... Sadly I spent that amount on these two piece of rotten cheese excuses for games RE5 and Fuel because I was a little out of it when I went to the store so I have to wait a bit. I limit my video game spending.

Wow Fudge, you might have just sold me on Forza 3. I've never really gotten into racing games since Gran Turismo 1, but I LOVED the tuning part of it. Adjusting the alignment and downforce, gearing. Not that I was genius at it, but it was awesome to do some adjustments and then shave a chunk of time off of your favorite track :)

Here, check out some of my work from Forza 2:
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5088966&postcount=43
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5088966&postcount=43
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5088969&postcount=45

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5083575&postcount=1

Check out this thread too:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=514113&highlight=forza2

I love the game so much, I really should get the logitech wheel

Another vote from me for Forza 3, easily the best racing game I have played to date. Both single and multi-player modes are a lot of fun, there's a good assortment of cars and tracks, the multi-player is great how you can unlock cars and experience points for your single-player season by racing online with your friends. GT5:p might have better graphics, I'd have to play it again to compare but it's such an inferior game to Forza 3 I don't even want to play it...it would probably require me to install some update that would take fifteen minutes before I could even get to the title screen. :screwy:

Another vote from me for Forza 3, easily the best racing game I have played to date. Both single and multi-player modes are a lot of fun, there's a good assortment of cars and tracks, the multi-player is great how you can unlock cars and experience points for your single-player season by racing online with your friends. GT5:p might have better graphics, I'd have to play it again to compare but it's such an inferior game to Forza 3 I don't even want to play it...it would probably require me to install some update that would take fifteen minutes before I could even get to the title screen. :screwy:

Yes, GT5's graphics are better but the vehicle dynamics are not. Besides, it's a freaking demo and it's PS3 only. It seems to me like the scaled back the vehicle graphics and really upped the ante on the environmental graphics on Forza 3 as compared to Forza 2.

Forza 3. It's very realistic and after playing it for a few hours you'll find yourself driving your actual car like you were playing the game. My poor Sonata...

I got PGR4. I like it but the sound is poppy. Like static or distortion. Sometimes when I hit an obstacle it sounds like "KSHHHH".

It's similar to a soundcard with bad drivers... whats goign on?

I'm really enjoying Dirt 2, it strikes a good balance between accessibility & challenge.

Something that's a little older, but still fun, and probably super-cheap...Pure. It's ATV racing, but I had a fun time playing and beating the game. I was on the PC, though.

I just got myself a 360. Im looking into getting Forza 3 but I was curious if there was any games with a huge car list to choose from. I remember Grand Turismo days, they had a huge number of cars and it seems no other game matches that.

Back