• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a simple tool to run a macro for a game.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi there,

I am a simple man needing simple software, what I am after is a macro that I can use to record my cursor movement and keyboard presses so I can loop it for a video game I am playing.

Actually for a couple of games, pokemon sword and shield (emulating on PC) and FF8 remaster (to max out my gil for the steam achievement).

If anyone knows of a simple to use program that can do this can you please reply here, any personal experience with this type of software or software you suggest is appreciated as well.

Cheers,

Bandit.

I imagine AutoHotKey can do it, although it is somewhat programming for a script to work.

For the FF8 remaster you could probably just use cheat engine.

If you use a Razer mouse and/or keyboard they have a macro program as part of their software. I haven't played with it much but it is there.

On a side note, be careful using something like because in many online role playing games they will ban you for using a key recorder or macro program. No clue about your two games but thought I would throw this out there.

Trying to avoid using actual cheats. I know what I would be doing is not much better but would make my save times more legit since I would have actually been buying/selling to get the gil achievement.

I tried Autohotkey a few weeks ago and had no idea how to get it to do what I want. I saw it say you have to make an AHK file and as mentioned program/add script.

Essentially I want this to use for Pokemon for the sake of breeding automation for shiny's/egg moves.

I saw one called Macro Recorder but trying to establish if its legit and safe to use.

Also can't you get banned for cheating in Steam games?

for whatever it's worth there's no penalty (as far as I'm aware) for cheating on single-player games on Steam. It's a different story cheating in something like TF2/Counter-Strike/etc that are multiplayer games.

If you use a Razer mouse and/or keyboard they have a macro program as part of their software. I haven't played with it much but it is there.

On a side note, be careful using something like because in many online role playing games they will ban you for using a key recorder or macro program. No clue about your two games but thought I would throw this out there.

Using poor man prephs here so none of that for me.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

for whatever it's worth there's no penalty (as far as I'm aware) for cheating on single-player games on Steam. It's a different story cheating in something like TF2/Counter-Strike/etc that are multiplayer games.

I downloaded jitbit marco recorder however I am still trying to establish its legit and safe to use. Can't find much info when I google.

Back