• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice OCing 720be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strezz

hi guys, I was able to hit 3.2Ghz with 1.400v and was stable on 9hrs of prime95. I recently got a new heatsink and wanted to push it a bit more. So i upped it up to 3.4Ghz on 1.475v (Wouldn't boot on lower voltage) ran prime95 and crashed after 2hrs.

Here are some pictures of my BIOS:
I normally set my HT Frequency on Auto, Should i change it?
2ypatmf.jpg

Here is the section where i guess most of the Ocing is done
I dont touch anything on this part, i normally go to AMD CPU Function, Is there any setting here i should change?
11kvx8z.jpg

Here is where i do most of the tweaking
The settings you can see there is the default once i enable the Overclock ctrl
so i normally change the multiplier and cpu voltage
10igbj9.jpg

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
:welcome: to the boards!

You don't need the voltage that high for a 3.4ghz OC.

I suggest checking my sig and reading all about the Phenom II.

OP
S

strezz

I have read your guide and it was really excellent. So i need to raise my NB freq to attain a stable oc? Currently its set on x10 (2000mhz) the next possible step i can do is x11 (2200mhz) as you can see there's no real option for me to increase the NB voltage on my BIOS but i can increase it via AMD overdrive which tells me my current NB vid is at 1.5v Should i increase the nb voltage?

nzaneb

That chip should be stable with no CPU NB adjustments at 3.4 ghz, and below 1.4 vCore. What are your temperatures like?

Welcome to OCF :)

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Don't go above 2.2ghz on the CPU-NB. Your BIOS will Auto oc the voltage on the CPU-NB when its needed. But to help keep it close to stable you should only need a 2.2ghz CPU-NB.