• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on a good Commercial AntiMalware/Antivirus to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neostarwcc

I recently, downloaded and used Hitman Pro and LOVE the product. My problem with HitmanPro, Malwarebytes, and any other antimalware/antivirus programs I've used, is they all have yearly fees that are only good on one to three computers.

I have over six computers that I actively use in my house and it would get QUITE expensive to buy security software for them all. It's bad enough that I had to pay almost $900 to stick operating systems on them all.

So, I've been searching for a good Anti-Malware & Anti Virus commercial product with lifetime licenses like Malwarebytes used to have, I've had no such luck so far. Does such a product exist in the cyber security market? Or are they all greedy and I have to fork over $180+ a year just to keep my computers secure?

I don't mind investing $200-$300 for a license if I can have that license for forever. But, why should I have to pay $180 yearly just to keep my computers secure?

Or, are there any freeware alternatives that I can use to scan my computers with?

Kenrou

Several reviews on the web, i have used the free version of MalwareBytes for years and its brilliant, super fast and only activates when needed, so no background resources being used. Anti-virus is a hit/miss topic, every week the title of best changes hands but the top 5 are usually the same so its really up to you to decide on the level of "intrusion" you want in your system. As far as i know all of them have a free variant ?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp