• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on a waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spidey

Registered
Hey guys. This is my first visit to "Cooling" thread.
What I did today was break the centre hold down tab on my CPU connector trying to install my new 1.2 gigger. No it wasn't on purpose. Damn super-orb! Anyway It looks like its water time. I have an ASUS A7V133 mobo. Looks like I will have to use the 4 holes that are on the motherboard beside the cpu to mount a block. Do you know which block can be used with the ASUS board in this fashion?
Thanks.

Tacoman667

If you want the best, IMO, copper water block, then go with the DangerDen.com MAZE2. I use it and it's GREAT and will bolt to ANY AMD MB.

rugby

King of Cats Senior
I agree about the Dangerden. I snapped off the center lug also one time frying my tbird with my aquastealth waterblock clip. I still use the clip on the same kt7a, but I use the diagonal lugs and it works okay. If I had to do it again, Dangerden all the way with the 4 mounting screws that go through the 4 holes around the socket.

OP
S

Spidey

Registered
I just went to Dangerden to check out the Maze2.
Perfect ;)
So this will work on the Asus board right? It looks like its attached to an Abit board in the photo.
Thanks a ton guys.
Think I will order one at the beginning of the week and run it bong style for now. I actually have a water chiller handy ;) This could be a sweet ride.
Can't wait to see what I can get out of this AXIA blue core.
Thanks again.