• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advice on motherboard for 1.2 ghz athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roachvan

Registered
I just got a 1.2 ghz processor and would like to know what would be the best board I can get.
I would like it to have DDR and ATA 100. Also jumperless.
Will settle for SDRAM.

Thanks for the help.

The Iwill board is currently one of the best board going. I think the model number is KK266 for the DDR version. I might be wrong however as I'm running an Abit KT7A board and it only supports Sdram. One of those Iwill boards does DDR , and they're one of the best.

BTW

Both Iwil boards have jumpers but there are only a couple that you will probible never toucch oncce your comp is up and running. Then you can just use the bios.

Staz is right, once you get the system running stable you won't have to touch the jumpers again.
The Iwill KA 266 R DDR board is getting good reviews and some peeps here are using it.
I would opt for the Cruicial PC 2100 DDR as it is resonably priced and runs well.

I was thinking along those lines. But heard of problems with the jumpers for the fsb.
The 1.2 has the 200mhz fsb.
how high does the multiplier setting go on the KA-266-R?

Back