• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on Motherboard for i5-4690k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

I have been out of the OC game for a bunch of years now but its time for an upgrade on my PC. Not looking for anything crazy advanced. Mostly going to use it for occasional gaming. I know the inner nerd in me will defiantly want to play around with OC a bit like i used to though. I decided on i5-4690k based on overall performance for the price. I listed some of the parts i already have which i purchased around christmas to take advantage of deals. Just need advice on an affordable motherboard. So far i was leaning toward ASRock Extreme6. Any opinions? Thanks for your help.

Current parts:
Antec 900
Corsair 750w psu
16GB G.Skill Ram
ZALMAN LQ-320
Samsung EVO 850 240GB

The Extreme 6 is a solid choice and will get you where you are going in an ambient arena.

However just about any mid line z97 board from AsRock, Asus or Gigabyte will do what you are asking of it.

I would look at what feature sets the different contenders bring to the table and make a decision based upon the features you will actually use.

Back