• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on new AGP card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wiggyuk

I have the new civilization and age of empires games but my pc struggles to play them esspecially the civilization game I am looking to buy a used graphics card I want to spend around £70, £100 max what would be the best card to get, I want one that will play the latest games and wont need upgrading in the next 12 months or so the card I have at the moment is a GeForce 256 AGP I do not have a PCI-E slot. Below are specs of my pc.
SPDSlot4
SPDSlot4.jpg

SPDSlot2
SPDSlot2.jpg

Memory
Memory.jpg

MainBoard
MainBoard.jpg

CPU
CPU.jpg

OP
wiggyuk

wiggyuk

Ok I have been looking at some cards on the net and have decided to det one brand new supposed to a used one my max price I am willing to spend is £150 I would prefer to spend a liitle less say £100 but lets just see where this goes I will list below the cards I have been looking at and the prices and can someone please advice me if it is worth spending extra money when the cheaper card is the better, ok here goes

Club 3D ATI Radeon 9600 256MB DDR TV-OUT/DVI (AGP8X) - Retail
£58.69 including VAT

Club 3D nVidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 TV-OUT/DVI (AGP) - Retail
£99.88 including VAT

Asus V9999/TD/128 6800 128mb AGP
£108.01 inc VAT

XFX GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 TV/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail
£111.67 including VAT

Point of View GeForce 6800XT 128MB DDR3 TV-OUT/DVI (AGP) - Retail with Thief 3 Deadly Shadows
£112.80 including VAT

Sapphire ATI Radeon X800GT 256MB DDR3 TV-OUT/DVI (AGP) - Retail
£129.44 including VAT

Is the any other cards that I have not listed above that would be up to the challenge ?

I have also heard about shading only certain cards support some sort of graphics shading is it worth spending the extra for a card that supports 2.0 ? shader

OP
wiggyuk

wiggyuk

darksparkz said:
Best would be that X800GT, or the ASUS 6800.

Is it possible to unlock this to get X800XT speeds and how well do these cards OC could you unlock it and overclock it to get X850XT speeds ?