• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice Quickly !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

Hi,

Very soon, I have to go buy my parts.... but im very doubtful on which mainboard to get.... These are my options: Abit IC-7 , Asus P4G8X DELUXE, ABit IS7-E, Abit IS7-G or Asus P4P800 Deluxe. Sorry, yes im abit of a newbie to intel, and yes im in a hurry since tomorrow (saturday) is my only chance to buy my parts.... I'm wondering which one is good for Ocing in terms of voltage accessibility.... HELPP!!!

What's the difference between the Abit IS7-E and the Abit IS7-G????

And yes I live in Chile and these are my best options....

Rig:
P4 2.4c (SL6Z3)
2x256 KHX PC-3200

Please help this poor kid decide what mobo to get ....

Your best advice would be GREATLY appreciated..

Last edited:
hmm, i myself have got an IC7-G, i got stability issues, but i think those are caused by me dad fawkin it up all the time...

the IC7-G is a good board, but since i dont see it in your list...

from wot ive heard, maybe you would like the p4p800Deluxe

a lot of people are enthusiastic about that board, but i never bought it since ive been with abit for my whole 17 years on this planet... (was afraid of having to learn a new BIOS lol)

I don't know all the differences between the IS7-E vs. IS7-G, but the two main differences are that the IS7-G has the Gigabit Lan and two more SATA channels (4 total), where as the IS7-E has the regular 10/100 LAN and just 2 SATA channels.

I'd just get the i875 board, the IC-7. Why not get the best if you can and if the price difference is not important.

Not the IC-7 Max3.... my wallet can't afford that much.... You said the IC-7... yes its at a pretty good cost here... why do you think the best one?? im looking for reasons on which one to get..

Which of the mobo i listed above would best help me oc...

Thanks for for all your replies so far

I'm still open for other suggestions.

Last edited:
The IC7 uses the i875 chipset and is usually a tiny bit faster in benchmarks than the IS7 series which uses the i865 chipset. The IC7 will not have LAN.

My ONLY options that i have left are :

Abit IS7-G, Abit IS7 A/R .. , Asus P4P800 DELUXE... and the P4G8X DELUXE which supposely the store said it was similar to the P4C800-E DELUXE...

What do you guys think will OC best with my 2.4c (SL6Z3) and 2 sticks of 256 KHX Pc-3200 ???????????????

Oh and sorry for double post.. shouldhave edit..

daNo- said:
My ONLY options that i have left are :

Abit IS7-G, Abit IS7 A/R .. , Asus P4P800 DELUXE... and the P4G8X DELUXE which supposely the store said it was similar to the P4C800-E DELUXE...

What do you guys think will OC best with my 2.4c (SL6Z3) and 2 sticks of 256 KHX Pc-3200 ???????????????

Oh and sorry for double post.. shouldhave edit..

Then I'd go for the Asus P4P800 Dlx. This is their newest i865 board. The corresponding Abit board would be the AI7, which is not on your little list. The Abit boards you mentioned are also i865 boards (and thus also ok), but slightly older. The G probably has Gigabit ethernet, the AR audio and raid- both option indicators. The P4G8X is based on an older chipset, making it less desirable than all others.

Thanks fizz3 I will go for the P4P800 DLX....

:santa: :beer:

Last edited:
EDIT: I called the shop where they sold it... and they told me that their shipment of that specific board wasn't very good since there was about 30% of flaws that people reported and problems......

What should I do........................................:cry:

try to get one, and hope that your part of the other 70% :)

if it turns out to be bad, you can still RMA it :) just dont OC for a month, to be sure its stable :)

as i said in my first post in this thread, id go for the deluxe p4p800 for sure now! (im an abit guy, but im recomending asus, geez, then it must be good!)

Well, i talked to the owner of the shop... for about 20 mins :D and he told me that LOTS of the boards P4P800.e DEluxe had problems with ram when running in dual channel and it wouldnt post and even in single channel it would give BSODs.. he also said that some just would not post any more from one instant moment..... And now sure i would take the risk of getting one but.... i mean.. RMA it.... yea it would take some years :D ....( i live in south america : CHile ) :D so....

I don't know yet what i will do.. ive called every single store and there out of stock in the IC-7, IS7-E, P4C800 Deluxe,

Should i go for the IS7-G ?? Is that a good board for Ocing?

Oh man i wish i lived in the US :(

daNo- said:
Is the IS7-G a good board for Ocing?

yes it's still a good OCer.
can't see why it wont hit 300fsb.

but if by chance you find the abit AI7, then go for it insted.

mica

The IS7-G will treat you right... upgrade to the new BIOS once you get everything set up and before you start overclocking.

If i can afford an IC7-Max 3, should i go with it instead ???? Or just stay with the IC7-G ?

Back