• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an XBOX game recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

OK, well I just finished Amped 2, and I'm getting tired of anything GTA related. :) I have three weeks of no studies so I have to make the most of it. Thus its nudie magazine day!! uh I mean new video game day!!!.

Any ways here are the three I'm looking at.

KOTR
Rainbow six 3
True crime
Prince of Persia
Crimson skies

My problem is I do not know whats best "for me".
About me:
1. I really dislike RPGs ( - KOTR)
2. I do not have XBOX live anymore ( - crimson skies/ rainbow six)
3. Know nothing about Prince of Persia

Thats pretty much it, if I was to pick now, I would eighter go KOTR, rainbow six, or crimson skies (in that order). I'm just worried KOTR is going to be too RPG oriented, and I'm going to end up hating it. But then again how can I ever hate anything starwars (flashback of last 200 star wars titles :rolleyes: )

I was going to hold out till pandora tomorrow and HALO2, but it turns out I am much weaker than I tought.

thanks for any insight.

fatccrunner

Registered
ummm this may not help much because i might be behind a little or you might not like it at all or whatever, but i really like Splinter Cell but whatever, i dont play much xbox mainly because i dont have one but i have played some splinter cell in the past and i like it

OP
cack01

cack01

I've played splinter cell so much, buying a second time would be kinda weird. :D

Probably should have put this in the first post

Games I have:
Splinter Cell
HALO
GTA/vice
NHL Hitz
NFL 2003
enter the matrix
Amped 2
Serious Sam

OC Noob

Ninja Gaidan will be out very soon... just hold on a little bit longer.

PoP is pretty good if you can't wait.

And KOTOR is like the greatest game for Xbox ever, but if you don't like RPGs at all then you may not like it.

Hey, how do you like Hitz, I just got it and am looing forward to some 6 on 6 hockey action.

Methical_K

Ninja Gaiden comes out in February. When that time comes around and you can't get it because you got a game now...well then I would insist that you wait until Feb.

I say just rent these games then decide which to get if you MUST purchase one. Atleas this way you'll know if any of them are "for you".

q149

Project Gotham 2 is supposed to be really awesome.. i am getting it for xmas. Need for speed Underground is really good too, i got it on PC.

Baldur's Gate Dark alliance is really good but it's kind of like an RPG.. like a better Diablo II type game.

Fatal Frame is the best scary game i ever played, i just bought it the other day because i read some thread at Xbox scene about the scariest game ever and almost everyone said it. I also bought Silent Hill 3 because alot of people mentioned them and i played the first. Not sure if its out on Xbox yet though.. and i havent played it yet.

fatccrunner

Registered
cack01 said:
I've played splinter cell so much, buying a second time would be kinda weird. :D

Probably should have put this in the first post

Games I have:
Splinter Cell
HALO
GTA/vice
NHL Hitz
NFL 2003
enter the matrix
Amped 2
Serious Sam

LOL, sorry man, i figured there would be some reason for not wanting it, lol, sorry i cant help you much more

OP
cack01

cack01

recomendations so far:
Ninja Gaidan: Methical hit it right on the head, Feb. release date. But it is on my list.

Tony Hawk: Underground : I've heard the same thing Oni. Its really good. The only reason I have not picked it up, is b/c my roomate up at school is getting it for XMAS. :)

Project Gotham 2: I had the first game, but it was stolen after about a month. It was ok, but racing games are kinda so so for me luckily my roomate bought it.

Baldur's Gate Dark alliance : I "AM" the only person in the world that did not like Diablo 2.

Fatal Frame : I know nothing about it, so I'll look it up.

Ya I know I'm pretty picky. :)

I just read a review of KOTR, and it said you can adjust the game so its like an RPG or a 3rd person fighting game. Is this right??

@ OC NOOB: My Hitz is 3v3. Are you talking about the new hitz pro? Anyways I liked it alot, it had a few good mini games, and I am still not bored with it a year later. Plus the sounds of hitting someone through glass are great.

OP
cack01

cack01

OK, I've read too many reviews that say KOTR is the God of all Xbox games. So I'm going to swollow my dislike for RPGs and give it a try.

I disliked stealth games untill I got splinter cell, and it ended up being one of my all time favorites. So maybe I'll shall get proved wrong again. At least I'm hoping. :D

gingo

Oni said:
Tony Hawk: Underground is suposed to be stupendously good.

I wouldn't say stupendous, but its pretty good. A definite improvement over all the previous versions (as it should be).
Being able to run and climb is a wonderful addition to the series. If you want a fun game (but somewhat easy story mode, even on the hardest setting) this is it. I personally wouldn't pay $50 for it though.

OC Noob

cack01 said:
recomendations so far:
Ninja Gaidan: Methical hit it right on the head, Feb. release date. But it is on my list.

Tony Hawk: Underground : I've heard the same thing Oni. Its really good. The only reason I have not picked it up, is b/c my roomate up at school is getting it for XMAS. :)

Project Gotham 2: I had the first game, but it was stolen after about a month. It was ok, but racing games are kinda so so for me luckily my roomate bought it.

Baldur's Gate Dark alliance : I "AM" the only person in the world that did not like Diablo 2.

Fatal Frame : I know nothing about it, so I'll look it up.

Ya I know I'm pretty picky. :)

I just read a review of KOTR, and it said you can adjust the game so its like an RPG or a 3rd person fighting game. Is this right??

@ OC NOOB: My Hitz is 3v3. Are you talking about the new hitz pro? Anyways I liked it alot, it had a few good mini games, and I am still not bored with it a year later. Plus the sounds of hitting someone through glass are great.

Oops, didn't know NG got pushed so far back. Pretty typical I guess.

Yeah, its Hitz Pro, I don't usually like paying more then $20 for a sports title, but its Hockey, heh.