• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need decent >small< water cooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I have had it wil this POS air cooling. my temps have gone up again, and so has noise and my 3Dmark has plumeted. therefore I want to just watercool it. only problem is my case is NOT made for this. here is what it looks like.

Lian-Li PC-61 w/ side window and lights. 1 bottom 80/92mm fan hole, 1 top 80mm fan hole, 2 front and 2 rear 80mm fan holes (you kno where they re) and 1 80/92mm fan hole in the side window that i am gonna replace, and i
m also adding a top window too. I have 1 hard drive in the bottom rack, 2 floppy drives adn a zip in the small bays and an audigy drive and a DVD drive and a burner in the rest, the topobay has my baybus in it. the PSU has a 2 fan setuip where 1 of them sticks out inside the case (desiged like that) all my cables are rounded and my cards arent to big, i also have a pci system blower.

I don't want any of the parts to be external ,just low profile, and hopefully under $175

BrianH2O

My suggestion ....

DD MAze 3
Expand the Top plow hole to 120mm

Use a BIX 2 with a Panaflow 120 medium or a 120 High with your Bay bus mounted at the top to blow out. Get an Ehiem 1295(?) with 317 gph or a Via Aqua 1300 395gph( much smaller pump). You have no room for a res. Depending on how forward you top blow is, you may lose a couple of the top 5.25" bays.

As an alternative, you could expand your bottom blow hole and mount your rad/fan at the bottom to suck air into the case if it will fit under your PCI cards.

Total heigth of the fan + Rad is 25mm + 38mm = 52mm = 1.25 "
Count of 2" at the least (not sure of the thickness, please verify)

May also, while you are there, water cool the video card.

Then you can dump the 7000rpm HS, PCI blower, turn your other fans way down and be almost silient. It is possible but may be a very tight fit

OP
Intrepid

Intrepid

Well I only have 4 5.25 bays,m 3 are in use (audigy drive, CDRW, DVD, baybus) in order going botom to top. and there might be enough room below the small bays where the hard drive is mounted, i can put the hard drive at the side or maybe even mount it in some obscure location and use the space down there for a rad to the front fans would cool it (2 silent panaflow 80mm intakes) than remove the botom fan all together and put the pump right in there as well, there should be plenty of room right there for those two, the baybus is just 4 rheos and 4 switches for my lights and fans now, i might remove it in favor of a 6 switch bus for my lights and intakes/outputs and PSU fans (yes my PSU fans are adjustable now) I guess I could keep my curent bus and have it controll stuff but it seems pointles to ahve al lthose reos for just 6 fans (3 sets of 2) 4 of wich run silent. i have 4 PCI slots, the lowest one goes to the bottom of the case, i have a sound card (audigy) and a modem, i could put the audigy on the 3rd from the bottom and the modem on the top pci slot might give me enough room to put something below it like a pump.

BrianH2O

If you have a Lian Li PC61 with front mounted USB, then you will have trouble putting the rad in the front. You can use 2 x 80 fans in the front but you had better build a shroud to channel the air into the rad. The fans are rated as
2 x 80 Low Panaflos are rated @ 24CFM, 21db
(two would be louder)
1 x 120 Low Panaflo is rated @ 68cfm, 20db
1 x 120 Med Panaflo is rated @ 86cfm, 30db

I personally would use the Med with you fanbus and control the noise but still full speed when you need it.

OP
Intrepid

Intrepid

I don't know if a 120mm on the top wil even fit below. i'll measure it when I get back. but there are a ton of wires up there.

masitti

You could also get two Black Ice Micros - they are built around the 80mm fan form factor. You'll want two of them if you plan on overclocking and keeping cool, because they are very small.

OP
Intrepid

Intrepid

allriht spyder vremember, i'm giving you the case with all of it's guts in it and you have to make it look good (new windows) fix up the lights and the baybus on the front and re-do the cooling with whatever we decide on. but don't forget i DO know this entails i'm just to frustrated with it to trust myself anymore.

Sniperboy

I wouldn't go with 2 black ice micros unless you like to spend lots of money. You can always go with a heatercore and cut it in half to make it fit. Just use both halves.

Edit: 2 stars! :p