• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Fan/Sink P4 2.4B CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerial_Killer

Registered
Ok, I just upgraded and I didnt have enough money at the time to buy a extra fan/sink. This is also my first Pentium and it runs at 111 F . Is this normal for it to run this hot and any recommendations on a good fan/sink would be nice. I would like the fan to be somewhat quit too a low humm isnt bad. I just dont want to have to set the PC in the next room, because of noise.

Thanks

therapture

I got myself an Alpha PAL8942 with an Enermax 80mm adjustable feed fan. Even at full blast it is moderately quiet, and runs about 3650rpm...I drop the speed down a bit to @3300rpm and it gets VERY soft...and it keeps my cpu at 4-6c cooler than the stocker. Very nice heatsink and fan for the money, and I got it from www.heatsinkfactory.com for 57 bucks shipped, and that was WITH 2 day Fedex.....mot "cheap" but a very good purchase that can be carried along for a few cpu's, you can increase the cooling by adding a faster fan....