• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need fans for Antec Case!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtec96

Ok, from the advise from everyone here im finally getting ready to place my order for my new system:D

I plan on getting a Antec-type sx1040 case that holds 4 fans. I dont remember if it comes with 2 or 3 fans already, but will need at least 1 or 2 more to fill it up.
Which would be good case fans to get? I dont want it too loud but then again, cant I have it where the MB controls the speed? They will be for the factory locations... 2 in the front and 2 in the rear....

m4a2t0t

im pretty sure it comes with 2 fans,im running 3 50cfm sunons in my case,they are not that loud

Yodums

m4a2t0t said:
im pretty sure it comes with 2 fans,im running 3 50cfm sunons in my case,they are not that loud

What'd I'd recommend. The Ultra High Speed Sunon push 50cfm, and aren't loud as, Sunon is known for being a great cooling manufacture that makes quiet fans.

Yodums

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Yodums is right. Put the two that come with the case in the rear, on exhaust and get two of those 50cfm Sunon KD1208PTBX-6A fans. Put them on the front, blowing in and put a rheostat on them so you can tune their speed for the optimum compromise between the sound level you are comfortable with and the amount of air they deliver. IMHO, you should ditch those purple plastic fan holders and bolt the fans in place right to the frame. No chance of rattling, falling out and you can control how well they seal to the frame better.

Hoot

OP
vtec96

vtec96

Thanks everyone for the reply's.....

I've searched Newegg and Directron for the 50cfm Sunon KD1208PTBX-6A fans, but cant find them! They only have the 30 and 40 cfm fans.
I will place the facotry ones in the rear and the new ones in the front like recommended, once I can find the 50cfm's!!!

OP
vtec96

vtec96

Thanks, will go there to place the order:D
one more question, Hoot reccomended ...
Put the two that come with the case in the rear, on exhaust and get two of those 50cfm Sunon KD1208PTBX-6A fans. Put them on the front, blowing in and put a rheostat on them so you can tune their speed for the optimum compromise between the sound level you are comfortable with and the amount of air they deliver.
but my question is, with this rheostat, if i install it, wont the MB be able to adjust the speed based on temps I set in the temp prog, like the HSF? Or do you just leave it at one setting?

H8Edge

Registered
I definately agree with Hoot on taking those plastic fan holders out.. Mine were fine at first but after awhile started to rattle .. Those clips don't hold the fan all that tightly... The noise made me so crazy I tore them out and bolted the fans in there.. Much nicer :)

el

well they work great for cooling HD so I keep using them and I hate to mod a my sweet antecs I prefer to hack up the enlights instead.

Malakai

i too like the 1040b too much to cut it up. and it comes w/ 2 fans that push 38cfm's at 32dba, just some info. www.coolerguys.com is another good place 4 fans
-Malakai