• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 Sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shill82

Ok if Need for Speed Porsche Uneashed is the best racing game I have ever played, NFS:HP2 has to be one of if not the worst.

CONS
-No realistic damage or damage meters.
-Good but not even close to great for this day and age graphics.
-MMM is it just me or shouldn't a Viper fly past a Ford Crown Vic?
-You have no way to customise your HUD except turning a Rear View mirror on or off. In NFS:pU There nust have been at least 20 options!
-Each time I start up it tells me that it doesn't "officially support my game pad" a Sidewinder USB I might add one of if not the most common crotrolers out. The pad still works just an annoyance at startup.
-Oh and the best has to be those Helicopters dropping bombs on you. (In a doctor evil voice.) Right!
-There are others but that is all I can think of at the moment.

PROS
-It has a Bush song in its soundtrack

Shawn

adamtekh

its really easy to cheat , u can edit the .ini files for the cars

for instance the z8 can now do 0 to 200 in 5 secs or so, burn out and pull coikies in 5 th gear

and the f1 lm can do 173 mph in 2nd gear

just put this in the nfshp2 folder under cars/z8 and replace the car.ini with the one in the zip file attached to this message and youl see what i mean . u can drive any car by just hosting a lan game and u can mess around with them all

baqai

well the things which i don't like about the game

1. Long loading times

2. Lag sometimes

above two might be related to my system (see my sig) i am running at 800x600 and i just can't believe that my system is still lagging :(

Setup doesnt have "full" install option, i installed the game and it used to read all the time from the freaking cdrom which was causing my computer to hang, i solved this by copying TRACKS, MUSIC and some other folders to my hdd, the lag have decreased a lot

No "inside" car camera

No camera options in replay DUH!! you can only view replay on one standard camera mode

is it me or i got some early beta preview copy of the game on my hands :mad:

otherwise the game is a good time killer for me and keeping in mind its an arcade game i love it :D but the above things i mentioned at times ****es me off

rb26dett

Disabled
I was just done downloading the game, I played it for few minutes the game looks tight! all settings are maxed out and the game runs smooth ... Ive been waiting for a while for a good racing game for PC! the time has come :)

Lt. Max

porche unleashed might b better in some ways, this game is more arcadish, this is the first thing i noticed about the game, it still looks tight tho

best would b motor city online tho:D

baqai

GT3 on PC ohhh lala .. who gave you the idea that you would be no 1 to get it rb ?? muhahahah :D i have contacts too ;)

yeah the game as far as the "looks" are concerned is pretty good but as about everyone is pointing out its aracde :)

Chris-the dude

I tried the demo for this game out, and I love it! I definately plan on buying this one. Its been a while since I got excited about a racing game :p

BaldHeadedDork

Lt. Max said:
porche unleashed might b better in some ways, this game is more arcadish, this is the first thing i noticed about the game

More arcadish that Porsche Unleashed? What the hell is this, Need For Speed Crazy Taxi???

Thanks for saving me $40.

BHD

Lt. Max

ok just played a few races, noticed a few bugs, for example the car is always a lil wider then it looks (at least the starting cars) cause i crash into things when it looks like im going to miss it barely, also i unlocked a few vehicles then scrolled by the locked ones and got back to the unlocked ones they were locked again .. :| ?

rb26dett

Disabled
HP2 is not AS realistic as I would like it to be, but what game is ?? overall the game is great except few minor bugs, hopefully EA will fix it in their patch.
I like the online gaming ... I lose all the time but who cares? I just started playing :p

baqai

have you noticed that even if you are LAST in the race and there are about 5 cars ahead of you speading away like crazy thing, cops WILL detect poor you trailing right back of the pack :mad: at times its so frustrating

rb umm we need to talk :D

fuzzba11

I found steering to be difficult with a keyboard, making the game practically worthless for my use...the one cool feature is the helicopters that drop those exploding barrels into the road! Makes for hella carnage :D

baqai

yeah that is a good feature :)

one thing i seriously miss in this game is good replay .. nothing like watching a total insane "movie clip" of dream cars going crazy :D but the default camera SUCKS big time