• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need For Speed Underground Demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my best so far is 30.2 with a level 1 (partial 2) hyundai tiburon.

i'm only about 35 races into the game though.

nfsudemowin.jpg

Maxvla said:
my best so far is 30.2 with a level 1 (partial 2) hyundai tiburon.

i'm only about 35 races into the game though.

Demo man, not the fullversion. Nice time 9mmCensor. How'd you pull that off? I keep getting smoked by that car/van, and if I get by that the train usually nails me!

First of All I start in the lane second over from the left (shortest route)
rev the engine, drop it so I shift quick, blow through the gears. hit the nos to stay ahead, avoid vehicles.. hit the remaining nos at the end... its all bout shifting.

I think I got a perfect shift every time... I'll try hitting the NOS at the end, I usually blow it all shifting.

z3r0 said:
I think mine was 26.82 with L2 NOS. I don't have all L3 upgrades yet though.

demo man!!! we're talkin demo here....the demo cars are extremely tricked out already, so I doubt you can compete with them until you're pretty far into the game.

Anyway, my best time is about 25.9 or something close. I didnt record it.

ANyway, your rev indicator is always green when you're at the right moment to shift. For gears, it's always a little bit past red line, and for starting it's around 7k rpm (took me a while to figure that out). It's amazing the difference you get when you start perfectly and shift perfectly.

As for NOS....I usually burn a bit to get from 4th to 5th, and then when im about 500-1000 rpm away from 6th, I usually burn it to get there....then I use whatever I have left near the finish.

The trick to avoiding the obstacles is your lane position. Once you pass the rest of the racers, get into the oncoming traffic lane right next to the median and stay there as long as possible....there's no traffic in this lane at all. Get into the far left lane the instant you pass the road construction. The van/car is pretty random, in my experience. Sometimes I beat him no problem, sometimes he's right in front of me. I think it all depends on when you get into the left lane....maybe the longer you wait the easier it is.....I dunno. If for some reason I have to swerve, I have no problem with taking the ramp if it means I'll win. You wont get the fastest time, but it's better than crashing. If you do have to take the ramp, be sure to not hit any cones...they slow you down like mad....but the wooden bar doesnt.

Man, this game is really addictive! I caught a cold because it was raining yesterday and today my throat is sore and I'm coughing like a dog.

I don't know how you people managed to hit 23.9-25secs. The lowest I've ever hit is high 25s (Can't remember the decimal place).

How do you guys get such a good start? Do you guys rev it immediatly from the start or let it start from a calm engine? I can never be consistant with my start.

holy crap it's yodums....lol

anyway, like I said,there's a magic spot around 7k rpm that gives you a perfect start if you hit that when you leave the line....it's very hard to do, but it's possible. Just look for when the meter turns green, that's the spot you want. As for those sub-25 second times.....I have no idea how they do it, lol.

Holy crap! It's Yodums and Dave Sauce! I haven't seen you guys post in months, Jimbo and me thought you guys died or something.

Back